Koopalings from Super Maro Bros. 3. Bowser Jr. is a tiny little guy but he packs a lot of punch in his small size. Ready for a closer look at this little green menace? Then join me after the break...
Height: 2 3/4 inches (not including his hair)
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, swivel/hinge hips, swivel/hinge tail, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge wrists, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$12 dollars
* Now, considering that this guy is pretty small and awkwardly proportioned, I'm really surprised that he has the articulation he does. Bowser Jr.'s arms and legs have a decent amount of articulation. Honestly, it's more than I thought was possible on this little guy. He feels nice and sturdy, too.
* Awww!!! Isn't he adorable? Seriously, Bowser Jr. just looks so stinking cute and evil. I really love the way Jakks recreates these rounded, cartoonish videogame characters as three dimensional action figures. They do a great job! There's not a ton of detail here, per say, but that's fitting with the property. I'm digging his eyebrows, though. They're so funny!
* I love the paintwork on Bowser Jr.'s bib! It really looks like something a toddler drew. Those teeth are so ridiculously cute in a "I'm trying to be terrifying like my dad" sort of way. The bib is an extra piece that sits around his neck, too. It looks great.
* The paint work is really neat and clean here, too. Nothing terribly fancy but Jakks typically manages to capture the bright, fun, cheerful appearance of the Mario cast perfectly.
* Bowser Jr.'s accessory is....a Bob-omb!?!? Yup! Bowser Jr. essentially comes with an entire separate character! I love the look of this guy as the sculpt is just gorgeous. I mean, it's incredibly simple, but it looks just like Bob-omb. I think that this is without a doubt the coolest accessory in this line yet. It makes me really want a Mouser, too, for some reason. He and Bob-omb would look pretty boss chilling out together.
* Here's a picture of Bob-omb from the side so you can see his winding key. Seriously, this guy is about as good as any of the 2.5 inch World of Nintendo figures I've seen. He's an incredible accessory!
*While the bib looks cool, it really does restrict the movement of Bowser Jr.'s head. He has a swivel hinge joint under there but there's little you can do with it. I'm not sure that a removable bib would have looked as nice but it would have been more functional. Hard to say which was I would have preferred, but I do wish Bowser Jr. could look around a bit more freely.
I haven't reviewed any other other figures of Bowser Jr., but I have reviewed plenty of other World of Nintendo figures:
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash