- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Action Figure Review: Shy Guy from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Articulation: Swivel ankles, swivel waist, and swivel/hinge shoulders.
Accessories: Propeller and cardboard "?" block.
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$10 dollars.
* This guy's sculpt is dead on. This is a Shy Guy, no doubts about it. The mask looks perfect. It just has that simple, bizarre expression that definitely conveys shyness. While the mask is a separate piece glued on to the main body, the strap holding it to the Shy Guy's head is part of the sculpt. The paint work isn't bad either. This guy definitely looks like he wandered out of a Nintendo game.
* The Shy Guy's hidden bonus accessory (which comes packaged in the cardboard "?" block is a blue propeller that can fit in the top of his head. What's so special about this? Technically, putting the propeller on this Shy Guy turns him into a Fly Guy. Fly Guys fly around and drop a variety of items. This little accessory kind of makes this figure like two figures in one, doesn't it? You get a Shy Guy and a Fly Guy!
* For the most part, the Shy Guy is just going to be standing there on your shelf. He's not well articulated nor is he incredibly dynamic. He's simply a short, squat little troublemaker. Unless you're a fan of this character, my guess is that the appeal will be lost on you.
* My Shy Guy has a really odd little dark spot on his right shoulder. At first I thought it was a speck of dirt or junk that got mixed into the plastic but after attempting to remove it I'm not really sure what it is. It was crumbly, so maybe it was a glob of paint or something. I really have no idea but it's definitely a bit off-putting.
I've reviewed plenty of other World of Nintendo figures from Jakks Pacific, including: