- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Action Figure Review: Princess Peach from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 4 5/8ths
Articulation: Swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged elbows, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: 2 piece umbrella and a cardboard "?" block.
Non-Scalper Price: $8-$10 dollars
*I'm really digging the fun, cartoonish sculpts in this line. They're quite nice and instantly recognizable! Princess Peach is one of my favorites so far as she's cute, colorful, and has a funny, slightly surprised facial expression. The paint work is pretty neat and the color selection is spot on.
* When I first saw Princess Peach I assumed that she was going to be a "salt shaker" figure (a robed or dress wearing figure with a solid lower torso) but I was pleased to see that she actually has legs underneath her dress. They're not articulated but they are fully sculpted and painted. She wearing pink high heels and pink boy shorts under the dress.
* My only real negative is with the articulation. Peach's swivel/hinge shoulders are nice but I really wish she had a ball jointed head. Ball joints for heads seem like they should be the easiest things in the world and they always radically improve the figure. Her neck joint is just a swivel and it is severely inhibited by her hair. Not too useful overall.
I've reviewed a number of the World of Nintendo figures, including: