- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Monday, December 7, 2015
Action Figure Review: Fire Mario from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 4 1/8th inches tall
Articulation: Hinged knees, ball jointed hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed neck.
Accessories: Cardboard question block and a Fire Flower.
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$10 dollars
* Mario is definitely not as well articulated as the S.H. Figuarts Mario, but he's also about 1/4 of the price. He's still pretty fun to play with, though. There's a nice mixture of joints in the figure to allow for some fun movement. He also has tremendous balance. I really hope we get a standard Koopa at some point so we can get a turtle shell for Mario to kick. Imagine how cool that would look?
* The only thing I don't like about the Fire Flower accessory is that there is no way for Mario to hold it. Since this guy is a straight repaint of the basic Mario figure from series 1, he has the same closed fists as that figure. I would have loved a new hand with an open grip allowing Mario to hold the Fire Flower out ala the Smash Brothers games.
* Do Mario's eyes look just a bit uneven to you? This isn't terribly noticeable in person but, when I looked at the picture, I had to laugh. You could honestly overlook this as being a bit of an expression rather than a paint glitch, but it's a bit odd just the same. Also, the paint coverage isn't perfect on Mario's sideburns and there's some of his flesh-colored plastic showing on them.
If you're looking for the basic Mario, I reviewed him earlier this year on Action Figure Barbecue.
I've reviewed most of the other World of Nintendo figures from this year also, including: