- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Action Figure Review: Det. Harvey Bullock from Gotham by Diamond Select Toys
Height: 7 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Double swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, mid-torso ball joint, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 2 piece alley display, revolver, and a fedora.
Non-Scalper Price: $22-$25 dollars
*I'm really impressed by Harvey's articulation! Not only does he feel insanely durable and well put together but all of his joints have an incredible range of motion. Diamond has done some really excellent work here.
* This is a pretty good sculpt. I definitely can see Donal Logue in it (although it also kind of looks like the late Philip Seymour Hoffman, too). The sculpt is very clean and the paint work is fairly detailed. There's some great work on the hair and beard, much better than average.
* Harvey's wearing an excellent rumpled, outfit. It's a variety of darker shades of brown with a white dress shirt and a striped tie and it works perfectly for the character. He definitely looks like a cop or a private eye out of an old pulp novel or a film noir classic. The coat and the tie are made out of more pliable rubber so that they hang nicely and give the outfit a more truly layered look.
* I love Harvey's hat. It's made from a rubbery, flexible plastic and fits perfectly on his head. It's a great looking fedora that fits the character perfectly.
* This is definitely not a perfect representation of Harvey Bullock's Smith & Wesson Model 10 but it works well enough for the figure. The paint applications are decent, though.
*This base doesn't look so bad, does it? Well, it isn't, but it's missing something. Take a look at this picture (which appears on the packaging, too) and see if you can spot the difference. Notice anything missing? How about an entire friggin' dumpster! Yup, again Diamond Select has made last minute changes except this time they didn't replace them with anything or improve the figure. Another figure is getting the dumpster in the future but if you pre-ordered Harvey then you're out of luck.
*There second problem with the alley way backdrop is that it's just two small. I really wish it were a bit taller so that it could be useful on it's own. I know it connects sideways to Gordon's base but I don't know if anyone else has a part that extends the wall. It looks really strange that this only goes up to Harvey's chest.
Lucy Westenra) have both had pretty extensive pieces that were dropped at the last minute. Bizarre, huh? Anyways, Det. Harvey Bullock is a Great figure, I'm just disappointed that the dumpster is missing.
I haven't reviewed any other figures from Diamond Select's Gotham line nor have I reviewed any other Harvey Bullock figures. This is the first one ever made!