Height: 5 3/4ths with base
Articulation: Bobbling face
Non-Scalper Price: $10-$12 dollars
* This POP! vinyl looks just like...well, just like Han Solo frozen in carbonite. It's one of the most recognizable images in the Star Wars galaxy and Funko did an excellent job recreating it in the POP! vinyl form. The colors, the design, and the sculpt are excellent. This is just an amazing POP! vinyl to have around and it's one of those collectibles that even the POP! haters ought to appreciate.
* Since the Star Wars and Marvel POP! vinyls legally have to be Bobble-heads so they're not considered vinyl action figures, Funko decided to articulate Han Solo's face. Yes, his face. The face wobbles a bit. It's not distracting at all and it still looks like what you'd expect a POP! Han Solo frozen in carbonite to look like. The anguished expression isn't there, since most POP! humans don't have mouths, but your mind kind of adds the expression their anyways. It's uncanny.
* The carbonite block is very nicely sculpted. I'm still disappointed that Hasbro hasn't re-released a Han Solo in carbonite in the Black Series (the original was included as an accessory with the original SDCC exclusive Boba Fett) but this guy feels kind of like a consolation prize. He's obviously not going to fit in with your Black Series but it's still cool to have an upright standing Han in carbonite.
* Both sides of the carbonite brick have all of the various panels and monitors seen in the films. It's a cool detail and definitely makes this feel like an even higher quality product.
* Frozen Han comes with a stand like the other Star Wars POP! figures. Again, I love the look of these although this one is not removable. It still looks nice, and I use them with all my Star Wars POPs, so it won't stand out. I think they started making the stands non-removable about 2 years back as Count Dooku was the first POP! I remember who had one.
* Just for your information, the back of the carbonite block is flat. This isn't a big deal to me, although some of the prop replicas have shown a series of slats on the back.
Han and Leia two-pack to go along with it.
What's your favorite Star Wars film? Let's discuss it in the comments below!
Guess what? I've now reviewed so many Han Solo action figures that he gets his own review archive! Check out The Kessel Run for all of the Han Solo reviews you could ever want!
For more POP! Star Wars reviews, check out the following:
Aayla Secura #217
Ben Kenobi #99
Boba Fett #102
C-3PO [Unfinished] #181
Captain Cassian Andor #139
Captain Phasma [Chrome] #91
Captain Rex #164
Chewbacca #63 [Flocked]
Chirrut Imwe #140
Count Dooku #233
Darth Maul #165
Darth Vader [Bespin] #158
General Grievous #129
Grand Moff Tarkin #159
Greedo/ Hammerhead/ Walrus Man 3-Pack
Hoth Han Solo with Tauntaun #125
Imperial Death Trooper #149
Jyn Erso #138
Jyn Erso #148
Luke Skywalker with Speeder #175
Medical Droid #212
Obi-Wan Kenobi #214
Poe Dameron with X-Wing #227
R2-D2 (Jabba's Skiff) #121
Red Snaggletooth #70
Sabine [Masked] #131
Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike #234
TIE Fighter Pilot #89