I can't believe it has almost been a month since I last reviewed one of these little guys! I have the rest of series one of the single carded Masters of the Universe: Mega Construx figures sitting here, so let's get cracking! Today I'm checking out Prince Adam who is absolutely one of my favorite characters. I don't care what you think; I love Prince Adam, Cringer, and Orko. They're fun, good-natured, colorful, and fabulous! While he's not technically a "new" character (unless you've never realized that Adam bears an uncanny resemblance to another muscular, blonde Eternia dude) he's a different enough figure in my book to not just be considered a variant. Let's check out Prince Adam after the break...
Height: 2 inches
Articulation: Hinged knees, balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: 2 wrist cuffs, sword, and display stand.
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars
* Prince Adam uses the standard body in this line, although he's wearing lavender pants, purple boots, and a keen maroon vest. The vest is quite nicely sculpted and the colors do a great job of matching the vintage Prince Adam figure. All of the paintwork is really clean for such a small figure, too!
* Like most other figures in the line, Adam's wrist cuffs are
separate pieces that can be removed. It's pretty cool that these are separate pieces on such a small figure!
* If you haven't played with one of these yet, you need to. They are
very, very impressive. The articulation is incredible! Seriously, these
are some of the most well articulated toys you will find. They're
durable, poseable, and really, really fun. Heck, you can even customize
them easily, too. These are pure hand candy. You'll absolutely want to make him dance. No doubt about it.
* Prince Adam comes with a pink copy of the Power Sword. The sculpt is perfect, though I think it might be a little too pink. The original one is more maroon colored if I remember correctly. This is a sturdy, sharp little weapon though.
* To help display these, each figure includes a stand. The stands are
different than the ones included with the Mega Construx Heroes figures and are now
just one solid piece rather than being made of three pieces. This one
proudly identifies this as Prince Adam, and definitely not He-Man. Seriously, they don't even look alike or have that much in common.
* These are definitely small figures and while I'm not inspecting perfection, I really don't think Adam's head looks as good as the previous He-Man heads. I think the painted facial features are just way too overdone here.
* My Prince Adam has a really weird black stain on the left sleeve of his vest. I tried scraping it off, thinking it might just be a bit of errant paint, but no dice. What the heck happened? I'm going to blame Orko.
* From the front Adam looks great but take a look from the side and you'll see that his vest is really weirdly opened. What the heck? This seems like a really strange design choice, doesn't it? The large slit on the sides of the vest is quite an eyesore when you notice it.
Prince Adam/ He-Man is one of my favorite characters and I've reviewed so many toys based on him that he has his own review archive. Check out Fabulous Secret Powers for all the He-Man reviews you could ever need!
For more Masters of the Universe: Mega Construx reviews check out the following:
Battle for Eternia Collection
Evil-Lyn (Mega Construx Heroes)
Man-At-Arms (Mega Construx Heroes)
Scareglow (Mega Construx Heroes)
Stratos (Mega Construx Heroes)
Wind Raider Attack
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
- Spawn Alley
- The Royal Junkyard
- Fortress Vader
- The Fortress of Solitude