- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
31 Days of Toy Terror Returns: The Governor's Room from The Walking Dead Building Sets by McFarlane Toys
Set Name: The Governor's Room
# of Pieces: 292 pieces
Figures Included: The Governor and Penny
Non-Scalper Price: $19-$34 dollars
* The coolest feature of this set, without a doubt, is that the governor's wall of fish tanks filled with heads is included. The second coolest thing is that the fish tanks can light up. It looks less impressive in a photo but in person it's a creepy effect. There are two switches and two separate battery compartments for the lights.
* The floating heads are really cool. They're attached to pieces that can be placed inside of the fish tanks and they really have the look of old flesh submerged in water. The heads are grotesquely detailed and can be reorganized in different patterns, giving you the chance to tweak the diorama to your liking.
* I love this door. It's just really creepy looking and has a great bloody paint job. It's a little thing but it really stands out.
* What would the Governor's room be without the Governor himself? He's permanently in a sitting position but you can move his shoulders and his neck to give the sculpt a little personality. His recliner is awesome and features some very nice sculpted pieces to give it a true, leather-like appearance.
* The Governor's daughter, Penny, is an excellent and creepy zombie sculpt. She stands at 1 3/4 inches tall and while she has some articulation (swivel shoulders, swivel waist, and a swivel neck) she's really just intended to stand around and look creepy. I'll address the fact that she doesn't stand up well shortly, but as for the appearance of this figure? Very creepy!
*Two nicely painted storage bins come with the set. These simply add some decoration to the room. I can't remember if these have any significance on the show, but I'm always happy to get a few extras.
* A bucket of bloody body parts comes with the set to help the Governor feed his daughter. The bucket has a great pool of blood around it and can easily sit anywhere in the set. It's pieces like this that make me miss the old McFarlane toys and how they were always pushing the boundaries.
* The table is another detailed piece that can be moved around and attached to the various floor pegs in the Governor's Room set. The paint is really nice and I love the inclusion of the open book on the table and the small books on the little shelves underneath.
* Like the walker in the "Daryl with Chopper" set, Penny also has trouble standing up. Actually, unless I prop her up against something, she really just cannot stand. She doesn't include the clear plastic stand that other walkers come with (even though she has a spot to attach it with).
*My set was missing a few pieces. Well, they weren't completely missing but they were incorrect. You see, the rows of fish tanks with the zombie heads in them are intended to have a very specific appearance with black lines running around the edges. There were certain pieces received that had the lines in the wrong pieces. It's not a disastrous case of missing pieces but it's certainly annoying.