- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
Monday, October 5, 2015
31 Days of Toy Terror Returns: Solomon Grundy from Justice League Imaginext by Fisher Price
While I love the Imaginext Collectible Figures, I don't buy too many of the basic figures sold in stores. When I do, however, it's usually because I'm tempted by a new Batman villain. It took me a few trips to the store but I finally found the single carded Target exclusive Solomon Grundy. Solomon Grundy is available by himself with his pipe accessory (the figure I'm looking at today) and also as part of a set with Batman, Blue Beetle, Ra's Al Ghul, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Harley Quinn. While Ra's Al Ghul would have been a cool figure, I didn't need the rest and I wanted Grundy's pipe accessory. Ready to take a look at the oversized Imaginext Solomon Grundy? Then join me after the break...
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, spring activated swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel forearms, and a restricted swivel head.
Non-Scalper Price: $7-$9 dollars
* Grundy looks fantastic! I love his pasty white/ gray skin and the excellent headsculpt here. He looks like a bruiser while still managing to have a zombie-like appearance. The rumpled, torn suit looks fantastic and has some nice tattered details around the edges. Grundy is also pretty huge and definitely towers over standard Imaginext figures. Grundy's usually depicted as a pretty big guy, so this completely makes sense.
*It's a small detail but I love the plastic cuff on Solomon Grundy's wrist. It's not removable but it does slide around and rotate.
* This pipe is a nice, solid weapon for Grundy. It's huge and can easily fit in his hands. It's cast in a metallic looking gray plastic and features some threading around the bottom and some rivets and bolts on the top. Just don't make any jokes about telling Solomon Grundy to "stick it in his pipe and smoke it." He doesn't take that well.
* The only thing I don't like about this figure is the articulation. While he has the same joints as you standard Imaginext figure (although his legs move independently unlike standard figures, which is nice) the action feature interferes with his arm movement. Press the button on Grundy's back and his arms dart out to the site and slam back together. The package art depicts this as Grundy smashing two characters together, which is actually pretty cool. The downside however is that Grundy's arms don't swivel 360 degrees (even less than 180) and they can't stay spread out. The action feature makes sure they always pop back into place.
If you need more Solomon Grundy in your life, I've also reviewed the giant Arkham City Solomon Grundy from DC Collectibles.