- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Minifigure Review: Batwoman from DC Comics Lil Bombshells by Cryptozoic Entertainment
Height: 3 inches
Accessories: Metal storage canister
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* Batwoman's baseball outfit is one of my favorite looks in DC Bombshells. It's simple and a bit punny (Batwoman, bat woman, get it?) but my gosh does it look stunning. It really manages to capture the look of Kate's Batwoman costume while still transporting the character to the 1940s. The pose is different than the statue but I like it. There's a bit of a stylized look to these, a style somewhat akin to Betty Boop.
* While Batwoman doesn't have any writing on the back of her outfit like the statue (the figure's hair is covering that area) the rest of the paintwork is quite nice. Cryptozoic has definitely ensured a neat, clean paint job on these, which is especially welcome given the smaller size. Kate is permanently attached to the small display stand which makes displaying her all the easier.
There really have not been that many Batwoman figures released and the only product of her I've reviewed of her has been the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Batwoman. DC Collectibles has a Bombshells action figure of her scheduled for release next year and I'm hoping a New 52 era Batwoman makes it's way into either DC Collectibles' Icons line or Mattel's DC Comics Multiverse line soon. Kate Kane is one of the best and she deserves more recognition.