- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
31 Days of Toy Terror Returns: Goth Witch from Classic Favorites Bobble Heads: Goth Hotties by Entertainment Earth
Today I'm looking at the Goth Witch from Entertainment Earth's Goth Hotties bobble head line. Back in August Entertainment Earth had a sale where I ordered a. ton of awesome Halloween themed toys, including the full set of four of these for $6. Yup; I paid $1.50 each for these! These are essentially a series of goth girls dressed in Halloween Costumes. Or maybe they're actual monsters dressed in goth outfits. Or maybe they're just regular women dressed as goth versions of popular monsters. Who knows? All I know is that they're kind of fun and didn't cost very much, so I picked them up to add to your Halloween amusement. Ready for a closer look at the Goth Witch? Then join me after the break...
Height: 7 inches
Articulation: Bobbling head
Non-Scalper Price: $13
* I love the look of these! This is your garden variety pale, attractive goth girl with a great hair style. Well, maybe it's a wig, but still, who cares? She's got a nice hair and makeup color scheme of purple and black: One of the major Halloween colors and one of the second tier Halloween colors. She kind of looks like that goth lady from NCIS.
* The Goth Witch has a stylishly undersized witches hat that complements her blue and green plaid dress. I really like that Entertainment Earth gave the figure some more colors rather than just black and white. It makes the figure much more eye catching. She also has a broom to complete her costume. There's a nice bit of detail on it which really helps to elevate it. This wasn't an afterthought to her costume that she grabbed from the closet while running out the door: She really planned this out!
* Each of the bases in this series has a word or slogan that conveys a simple little message. The witch's base has..."Poison?" Huh. I would expect something like "Magical" or "Broom service" or "Hexcellent." Poison, though? Is she a huge glam metal fan? Do you put this out near your cleaning products to keep away small children frightened of witches? Does she feature lead based paint? I don't get it.
I've reviewed a few other witch based toys, including:
The Imaginext Collectible Figures series 4 Witch
Does the Lego Fortune Teller count?
I also picked up the Lego Witch polybag set.
The Funko MLP Trixie Lulamoon
The ReAction Lo Pan is basically a warlock!
Radagast the Brown from the Hobbit is a wizard.
I'm pretty sure the Monsters set by Hing Fat had a witch in it.
This terrible Rita Repulsa is definitely a space witch!