- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, October 9, 2015
Action Figure Review: Stormtrooper from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 5 3/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge knees, swivel/hinge thighs, swivel hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $10
* The Stormtrooper might be one of the most fun figures to mash with other characters. Want Luke or Han in Stormtrooper gear? Just pop off the Stromtrooper's head, pop on your hero of choice's noggin, and you're good to go! Viva la rebellion!
* The sculpts on these figures aren't bad at all. They're really fun and they actually have a fair amount of detail. The Stormtrooper looks great, particularly all of the cool details on his back. See the doughnut and Twinkies? Still there, despite the more kid friendly style.
I love the look of the blasters in this line. While I wish they had removable blast effects and pegs on the sides of the weapons (not just on the bottom of the handles), they're still really fun. I love blast effects on action figures and I'm glad to see them here.
*Overall I like the aesthetics of this line but, for some reason, I feel like this Stormtrooper has a really, really small head. Like, laughably small. Like, "that's no head that's a cue ball" small. Isn't his head a little small for a Stormtrooper? Utterly bizarre.
* It would be a Star Wars Hero Mashers review if I didn't mention the limited articulation of the shoulders, would it? When every other join is basically a swivel/hinge joint, swivel shoulders just seem so lacking.
The Stormtrooper isn't one of my favorite figures in this line. He's not terrible but I really cannot get over his oddly tiny head. It doesn't look terrible on anyone else but on the Stormtrooper it just seems very, very noticeable. The sculpt is still good, though, and he's still a fun toy. I'll give him Good rating as he's definitely the definition of an average figure int his line.
I've reviewed a variety of Imperial Troopers from Star Wars:
I've looked at a vintage Snowtrooper, the 1/18th scale Black Series Biker Scout and Clone Trooper Sergeant, the Phase I Black Series Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper,
the Phase II Clone Commander Cody , Clone Trooper Captain, Clone Trooper Sergeant, Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise),and TIE Pilot, the Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper ,the Rebels sets Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios and Stormtrooper, Sabine Wren and Stromtrooper, Stormtrooper Commander and Hera Syndulla, and the AT-DP Driver, and the Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Imperial Scanning Crew.
I've also reviewed plenty of other Hero Mashers:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine
Along with plenty of other Star Wars stuff:
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (3 3/4 inch) by Hasbro
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Star Wars: Rebels by Hasbro (2014)
Jedi Temple Guard