- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Sunday, October 25, 2015
Action Figure Review: Brock Lesnar (Series 37) from WWE Elite Collection by Mattel
Height: 7 inches
Articulation: Lateral ankele rockers, hinged ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, hinged abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: T-shirt, hat, and WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt.
Non-Scalper Price: $20
Stellar articulation is par for the course in the WWE Elite Collection and Brock Lesnar is no exception. He's solid, durable, and capable of delivering suplex after suplex! Just like the real Brock Lesnar! You can take bitches to Suplex City all day with no worries about breakage!
* I'll just say it: The extreme, pterodactyl scream expression on Brock Lesnar's face sold me on this figure. I know that extreme facial expressions on action figures can be a bit of a contentious issue among collectors but since Brock makes so many crazy facial expressions, this just seems to git him. I love it! I love his MMA styled gloves, too. He's really well done.
*The WWE Elite figures always have excellent tattoo work and Lesnar is another hit. He has the infamous trench knife on his chest and the various designs all over his back and left and right shoulders. They're all extremely neat and clean, as is the general paintwork overall. The only thing I wish he had was a Jimmy Johns logo on his pants!
* Some people seem to not like the look of the new all rubber belt (older belts had plastic panels) but I think it looks OK and feels much sturdier. The detail is excellent and it sits more naturally on the figure wearing it.
*I love the title belt Lesnar comes with and it looks great on him, but it is really, really tough to get on. It stays put once it is on but it took me about 5 minutes to get it to fit properly. It feels like one of the straps might be just a bit too short.
I've reviewed a few other WWE Elite Collection figures, including:
Hulk Hogan (Series 34)
Luke Harper (Series 35)
Randy Orton (Series 35)
WWE Elite: Wrestlemania XXX by Mattel