- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, October 29, 2015
31 Days of Toy Terror Returns: Behemoth from The Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction by Funko
Height: 3 5/8ths inches (4 1/4 counting the ax)
Articulation: V-crotch hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $10
* Behemoth is just fantastic! I actually owned the original Nightmare Before Christmas toys as a child and while these are rather different (those toys were larger and all featured unique action features) the spirit feels much the same. Behemoth captures the lumpy appearance and blank stare of the perfectly. His goofy yellow gloves and saggy suspenders are just perfect as well. And the ax in his head? Solid gold! This figure just works so well!
* While the retro styled action figures tend to have a basic, standardized shape, I really like that the Nightmare Before Christmas figures utilize the more unique shapes of the characters from the film. Behemoth is appropriately large and chunky, something you don't often see in this scale. It's a great look and suits the character well.
Oh, and the pointing finger on his left hand? It's so he can point and say "Bunny!"
*The Behemoth only comes with one accessory: A nutcracker. The good-natured fellow fiddles around with a nutcracker in the film and it seems that this little element of Christmas makes its way into the Halloweentown Christmas fairly unscathed. It has a little handle on the back.
*In order to accommodate his uniquely shaped body, Funko didn't try to make him look like your average retro/ vintage figure. They did give him swivel hinged hips, though. They look fine, but they're pointless. He can't be posed with them and they really don't swivel well (they feel like they'll break if you swivel them). Not a huge problem, but I'm just pointing out that these joints aren't going to be doing anything for you.
Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface, don't you? He's a Great addition to the shelf and another hit in this line.
I've reviewed a few other Nightmare Before Christmas figures including:
I've also reviewed plenty of other Funko ReAction figures: