Height: 7 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, swivel waist, hinged torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged knees, swivel/hinge wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 6 piece Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy (Statue, 3 levels, pillars, and plaque).
Non-Scalper Price: $17-$20
* The thing I've come to discover about the WWE Elite Collection is that the figures are sturdy and fun to play with. You definitely shouldn't have any durability issues with the Swiss Superman here! This guy could definitely take a beating.
* I really like the Cesaro headsculpt here. It's not the expression I first think of when I picture Cesaro (he usually seems to have a bit of a grin going on) but it works and captures his likeness well.
* The Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy is a really cool inclusion. It's quite large (I believe the actual trophy is close to 5 feet tall) and really looks impressive sitting around on your wrestling shelf.
* If you look closely at the trophy you can even see that it says: "The Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy" on the plaque. That's a pretty cool little detail.
* Looking at Cesaro's body, I'm not sure what it is but something looks off to me. Maybe it's that his limbs appear a bit too slim or maybe he looks a but too ripped? Don't get me wrong, Cesaro is a big, strong guy, but this figure looks overly muscular, more like a body builder than a wrestler. His biceps and thighs also look a little too skinny for the frame.
* I mentioned above that while I really like the trophy it does have one problem. That's that it is capable of collapsing. I'm not sure what the angle here is: Is this just a multi-piece accessory or is the gimmick that the trophy can be broken? I don't remember anything about this trophy getting smashed to pieces but it's possible Mattel figures this would be a nice play feature. To me, unless you're reenacting some scene from Swerved, this just makes the nice accessory much more fragile.
* It's really odd, but Cesaro does not have lateral rockers on his hips to help him with holding wider stances. I'm not sure what the deal is here as every other WWE Elite figure seems to have these.
I've reviewed plenty of other WWE Elite figures, including:
WWE Elite Collection by Mattel
Hulk Hogan (Series 34)
Luke Harper (Series 35)
Randy Orton (Series 35)
WWE Elite: Wrestlemania XXX by Mattel
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?