- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
31 Days of Toy Terror: Hot Scott from Garbage Pail Kids Really Big Mystery Minis by Funko
Today I'm looking at Hot Scott, another figure from Funko's Garbage Pail Kids Really Big Mystery Minis line. Hot Scott is a little devil...literally. Seriously, he's not in a costume: He actually looks like a traditional depiction of devil. He's got horns, hooves, and a trident. Is he a devil child like Hot Stuff? Who knows? Perhaps I can tempt you to take a closer look at Hot Scott, after the break of course...
Height: 3 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel shoulders and a swivel head.
Non-Scalper Price: $8-$9
* Hot Scott has a really cool headsculpt. One thing I really like about these figures compared to some vinyl lines is that each headsculpt is a unique sculpt. It's more than just paint that differentiates each figure and Scott has a lot of rather unique and devilish features: Horns, a slicked back widows peak, a snaggletoothed grin, and a goatee. His feet are also hooves. Fiendish!
* I'm really glad that a number of the figures in this series come with some accessory (6 out of the 12 do). Scott comes with a simple trident. It's great for roasting hot dogs and tormenting sinners.
*While all of the figures in the series have the details of their bodies painted on rather than sculpted, a more three dimensional element such as Scott's tail seems like it would have been better executed as an actual separate piece (maybe even articulated). Not a huge issue, just something that I think could have been done a bit cooler.