Today I'm finishing up the 2020 Walmart exclusive set of The Black Series Phase IV figures based on the final four episodes of The Clone Wars season 7
by checking out the 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper. The final season of The Clone Wars was excellent but the last four episodes were truly something to behold, both wrapping up the series and amazingly bridging the gap between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. The final episodes cover Ahsoka's involvement in the Siege of Mandalore and Order 66 but she's not alone; Ahsoka is joined by the troopers of the 332nd Company, part of the 332nd Division. Under the command of Captain Rex
, the troopers paint their helmets as a sign of respect and loyalty to Ahsoka Tano, who returns to joint them in ending Darth Maul's control of Mandalore. You might have a lot of Clone Troopers on your shelf but this one is sure to stand out! Let's check out the 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper after the break...
Height: 6 1/18ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, swivel/ hinge knees, swivel
thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed torso, swivel/hinge shoulders
with lateral "butterfly" hinges, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel/hinge
wrists, ball jointed neck, and a double ball jointed head.
Accessories: DC-15A blaster, DC-15S blaster.
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* The body of the 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper is the new Black Series Phase IV body that is used on the Phase I Clone Trooper
. Other than having the Phase II helmet and the 501st paint applications on the shoulders and torso, this guy is the same figure.
* The new armor sculpt looks a lot better and it much more lively now that it's covered with the weathered blue stripes of the 501st. The little bits of color on the Clone Troopers really bring them to life and make them much more interesting, don't you think?
* The Phase II Clone Trooper helmet looks fantastic and the paintwork is spot on. As Captain Rex said, "The paint job's a little crude but we think it gets the idea across."
* The back of the figure looks fairly similar to the older Clone Trooper releases although all of the details are much crisper and
* Since this is a newly designed body for Phase IV of the Black Series the articulation is the biggest area where you'll really appreciate
this new sculpt. The previous articulation system has completely been replaced. Now
we have swivel/ hinge joints with a great range of motion, more solid
feeling plastic, lateral shoulder joints, and a more articulated head
and neck. This guy is a ton of fun to play around with and he's sturdy
and well made. Nice work!
* Hasbro gave the Clone Trooper flexible shoulder pads, elbow pads, and
knee pads. They look really cool and move with the articulation, keeping
anything restrictive on the armor to a minimum.
* The Clone Trooper comes with the same two blasters almost every other
previous Clone has come with: The DC-15A and the DC-15S. The DC-15A and the DC-15S are
the same as the previous molds and still look just fine.
The 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper is a Great and a 1/2 figure and I'm sure it's one lots of Black Series collectors would like to have but it's pretty darn hard to find. Walmart either didn't order these in decent quantities or Hasbro didn't ship what they should have as these were nowhere to be found. Since they're exclusives if you do manage to find them you also have to pay Hasbro's $5 dollar exclusive tax. Still, it's a cool figure and a neat, very episode specific nod to one of the best story lines of The Clone Wars.
If you're looking for more Clone Trooper reviews, I've got plenty! I've reviewed the 1/18th scale Black Series Clone Trooper Sergeant, and the 6 inch, Clone Trooper Captain , Clone Trooper Sergeant, the Amazon exclusive Phase
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order Stormtrooper Officer four pack, Clone Trooper (Holiday Edition), the Black Series Phase IV Phase I Clone Trooper, and the Entertainment Earth 442nd
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack.
For more figures from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase IV check out the following:
Darth Maul took control of Mandalore? I'm surprised that nobody said, "Why are we letting someone who was cut in half by an apprentice lord it over the place?"ReplyDelete
He did come back from being cut in half, so that's pretty impressive too, though.Delete