Height: 6 1/18ths inches
* Well, this is a Phase I Clone Trooper alright. It's hard to find a lot new to say about this guy although the new sculpt does look fantastic. The white armor does look a bit brighter and the details are all a good bit crisper.
* The new bucket for the Phase I Clone Trooper has been resized so that an actual Black Series scaled head could fit inside. There's actually an unpainted clone head inside although the helmet is glued on. I'm sure we'll see the unmasked at some point. I've heard a few folks say that they think the new helmet has a bit of an animated appearance to it and I won't deny it. It still looks pretty movie accurate, though, and I like the decision to scale it properly as if an actual head were inside the helmet.
* The back of the figure doesn't look much different than the previous release although all of the details are, again, much crisper and sharper.
* The articulation is the biggest area where you'll really appreciate this new figure. The previous articulation system has been replaced. Now we have swivel/ hinge joints with a great range of motion, more solid feeling plastic, lateral shoulder joints, and a more articulated head and neck. This guy is a ton of fun to play around with and he's sturdy and well made. Bravo!
* Hasbro gave the Clone Trooper flexible shoulder pads, elbow pads, and knee pads. They look really cool and move with the articulation, keeping anything restrictive on the armor to a minimum.
* The Clone Trooper comes with the same two blasters almost every other previous Clone has come with: The DC-15A and the DC-15S. The DC-15A is the same as the previous molds and still looks just fine.
* The same goes for the DC-15S. It's a good sculpt, the figure holds it well, and it gives your Clone another blaster. Nice!
While there are still dozens upon dozens of unmade figures in The Black Series overall I can't blame Hasbro for offering up new versions of the troop builders. Hasbro can always throw Clone Troopers into the line for a fun repaint that most collectors want so it's nice to get an improved, modern update of the base body. This guy is really well done and I think he's definitely deserving of an Epic rating. He's an incredibly well articulated figure and he manages to be new and exciting while still fitting in with your existing clone army. That's a real victory in my opinion.
If you're looking for more Clone Trooper reviews, I've got plenty! I've reviewed the 1/18th scale Black Series Clone Trooper Sergeant, and the 6 inch, Clone Trooper Captain , Clone Trooper Sergeant, the Amazon exclusive Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order Stormtrooper Officer four pack, Clone Trooper (Holiday Edition), and the Entertainment Earth 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack.
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?