- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Friday, November 4, 2016
Action Figure Review: Wolfman from The Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction by Funko
Yeesh. Tough crowd.
Height: 3 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Giant saw
Non-Scalper Price: $10 (although I've bought all of these at Toys 'r Us on sale for $7.50, so shop around)
* While many of the Nightmare Before Christmas figures don't lend themselves well to the standard five point articulation of the ReAction style (heck characters, like Oogie Boogie, don't lend themselves to articulation well at all), the Wolfman is a very solid and durable figure. My little one, who loves werewolves right now, played with this guy a bit the other day and I had no concerns about him breaking. He's solid, baby.
* Is this not an incredible headsculpt? Look at those teeth! They all look so sharp and pointy! This is such a great design and I love how Funko has captured it here. The sculpting on those teeth, the ears, and the fur is just incredible, especially for a 1/18th scale figure. These are ReAction figures in name only: Sculpting wise they are just darn good NBX figures.
* I really like the rips and tears in the Wolfman's shirt. They're nice and jagged, adding some more character to the sculpt. I also like his furry tail! It'd be cool if it were balljointed, but that's not really this line's style, is it?
* Let me point out that the paint pattern on the Wolfman's flannel shirt is pretty incredible. I wear a lot of flannel and plaid shirts and I'd love to own one just like this. The coloring pattern is really good! Funko did a great job on this!
* Look at this giant saw! This is what the Devil (from series 1) and the Wolfman use in tandem when building toys for Jack's Christmas experiment. The blade actually looks like metal, the teeth are at least sharp enough to saw through a cheese log, and the handles receive their own paint app. This is just really, really cool!
* I just complimented the shirt, but now I'm going to criticize it a bit. Shoot me. Anyways, the colors look pretty good but I really don't like the fact that the shirt uses the same grayish color as the Wolfman's fur. It looks odd up close. Maybe his fur should have been darker or the gray on the shirt should have been brown.
I've reviewed other action figures of werewolves, such as the Imaginext Wolfman, Luke Talbot (The Wolfman) from Playmates' Monster Force, and The Wolfman Monster from The Real Ghostbusters, but not anything else based on this specific character. Who knows? Maybe the Wolfman regenerates like the Doctor. I have reviewed more of the ReAction NBX figures, though, including:
Jack Skellington (Evil Smile)