Who's ready for some more Masters of the Universe Origins? If the Snake Men are the KISS of Eternia then Tung Lashor is their Gene Simmons. Think about it! Gene Simmons and Tung Lashor were both elementary school teachers before they found fame, they both formerly dated Cher, and they both guest starred on episodes of Miami Vice. Of course, Gene and Tung are also both most well known for their incredibly long tongues! Tung Lashor might beat Gene's tongue length by at least a foot, but Gene still can breathe fire further. Since the last year or so of Masters of the Universe Origins has focused on the Snake Men, Tung Lashor is the designated member of the faction for this series. I've always liked this guy due to his awesome color scheme and the super cool action feature of his vintage toy. The Origins Tung Lashor doesn't have a true action feature but he still is really, really fun. Let's check out Tung Lashor after the break...
Height: 5 5/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge ankles, calve swivels, swivel/hinge knees, balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a barbell jointed head.
Accessories: Staff, crossbow, tongue, and minicomic.
Non-Scalper Price: $18-$20 dollars
* Man, I just love Tung Lashor's color scheme. That orange chest and purple and blue body is just so cool! He really stands out and looks awesome alongside some other Snake Men or just a group of MOTU villains. I'm not sure Tung Lashor has ever had a bad figure and while this one doesn't really break any new ground, he captures everything cool about the vintage toy with a bit of a modern upgrade. His torso is unique, so that Snake Men logo is sculpted on and not just painted.
* Tung Lashor has such a cool portrait. He's not a snake (even though he's one of the Snake Men) but is some sort of a frog guy. He has some wicked fangs, though, which you don't usually equate with a frog. He's also sporting some very creepy, serpent-like eyes, though that's not a frog thing, either. I assure you; he's like a poison dart frog meets a tree frog guy or something.
* So, why's he called Tung Lashor? Because he can lash his tongue, baby! Tung Lashor's tongue secretes a powerful, paralyzing toxin and the tongue can be plugged into his mouth. Yeah, rather than an action feature like the vintage toy or an alternate head ike the MOTUC figure, this guy has a plug in tongue. It's kind of fun, though. You can also pretend that He-Man cut his tongue off in batte.
* Since he has a new torso, Tung Lashor gets some cool, warty details all across his body, including his back. He's also covered in that cool camouflage pattern that warns you he's toxic!
* They're also modular. and can be easily separated to make your own lazy boy customs!
* Like his vintage counterpart, Tung Lashor comes with a cool dragonfly crossbow. The arrow is visible on top and there are some cool techno details on the wings. He can hold this in his froggy hands but there's also a hole in the bottom that allows this to rest on one of his fingers, like it just landed there. Maybe this is also some sort of drone weapon that buzzes around and takes shots at Tung Lashor's enemies?
* Tung Lashor also comes sporting his Snake Man staff in a nice dark purple, just like the vintage toy. It's an odd weapon for sure but it is accurate to the original with some very crisp detailing. It looks pretty nice and compliments the purple on his skin.
* Tung Lashor comes with the minicomic from this series, "Assassin's Aim!" It's a story of Hypno and Roboto trying to stop the Snake Men from assassinating Skeletor, who currently thinks he's their new ally and leader. It's not a full sized minicomic (it's only six pages) but it's well drawn and pretty fun.
If you're looking for more of Tung Lashor check out the MOTUC version of Tung Lashor, the Filmation inspired He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Tung Lashor, the Vinyl SODA Tung Lashor, and the POP! Tung Lashor #884.
For more Masters of the Universe Origins reviews check out the following: