I have reviewed so many action figures of He-Man/ Prince Adam that he has his own review archive. Check out Fabulous Secret Powers for more He-Man reviews than anywhere else on the internet!
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
Friday, March 25, 2022
Minifigure Review: He-Man from Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe by Mattel
Mattel has really been supporting the Netflix CGI animated He-Man and the Masters of the Universe at retail by offering figures of the cast in multiple different scales. We've got the standard 5 1/2 inch figures, the 8 1/2 inch figures, the upcoming 7 inch Masterverse figures, and the 2 1/8th inch Eternia Minis. I've already reviewed the He-Man and Battle Cat set from this line but I just received my shipment of the single packed figures from Big Bad Toy Store earlier this week so it's time to give them a look over. Ready for a look at an Eternia Minis He-Man in his outfit from the new cartoon? Then join me after the break...
Height: 2 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Power Sword
Non-Scalper Price: $5-$6 dollars
* Since I hadn't reviewed any of the singled packed Eternia Minis from this show yet I figured I'd snap a picture of the packaging. It's kind of cool with a lot of blue on it. It stands out from the standard and Revelation themed Eternia Minis on the shelf, so that's a plus.
* He-Man looks really cool in this outfit. Rather than looking like a shrunk down version of the animation model this version of He-Man nicely matches the style of the previous Eternia Minis figures, so he should fit in to your existing collection nicely. I love the design of this outfit and it looks really cool here, especially the red Sword of Grayskull on his chest and the cool Grayskull skull belt buckle.
* While the hair is a bit shaggier and the face looks a bit more angular, this doesn't really look all that different from the earlier Eternia Minis He-Man. I actually prefer this headsculpt to the previous ones.
* These little guys still have four points of articulation which may not seem like a lot except you gotta consider they're only a little over 2 inches tall. That's not bad for this scale! They're very durable little figures and would probably fit in well with lines like Imaginext and the Hasbro Heroes figures, so if you have a little one who's into MOTU these could be some decent starter toys. They're fun to play with and have a lot of shelf presence!
* He-Man comes toting the Power Sword from the Netflix series as well which is big and bulky, kind of like the 200x Power Sword. I really like the design of this one and it fits great in either of He-Man's He-hands.
* One of Mattel's premiere cost cutting measures is to not paint the rear of the figure, which is what we've got here. He-Mans harness just fades to black at the back. Annoying, right?
For more Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis check out the following: