2014 Masters of the Universe Minis line that Mattel sold through MattyCollector.com but they're now sold individually packaged little plastic Castle Grayskulls. He-Man is actually a pretty desirable figure in this series as we never got the original He-Man in the 2014 line. He appeared as a SDCC 2013 exclusive with Skeletor, but those figures were a bit larger than the figures Mattel would eventually release. I checked out another Heroic Warrior, Buzz-Off, a couple days ago, so let's jump in and check out He-Man after the break...
Height: 2 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Power Sword and 2 piece Castle Grayskull container
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars
ID Number: A
* The new Eternia Minis He-Man is on the left, the original larger sized SDCC 2013 He-Man is in the middle, and the Battle Armor He-Man from the MOTU Minis line is on the right. The Eternia Minis He-Man is largely the same sculpt as the SDCC 2103 version but smaller. He also shares arms, legs, and a head with the Battle Armor He-man. His skin is more bronzed than the older and larger figure, too.
* I love the chunky, brawny look of this He-Man figure. He looks like a scaled down but super stylized Masters of the Universe Classics figure. Overall the paintwork is quite nice and the colors really pop. The classic He-Man looks fantastic in this style!
* The headsculpt is quite nicely done, too. While we've seen it before it's no surprise that Mattel is using it again. The over sized grimace (or is it a grin?) definitely feels like an exaggeration of the vintage toy's expression while the large, lantern jaw seems fitting for the most powerful man in the universe.
* He-Man includes his Power Sword with him and it's molded in a metallic silver color. This series only give each figure one weapon apiece, though the price is less than the MattyCollector figures from a few years back so it works for me. He can hold it securely in either hand.
* Furthermore, the Castle Grayskull container functions as a really cool
display stand. There are two pegs on top that plug into the figure's
feet. When you connect a row of these together you can have a long
display stand for multiple figures.
* While the straps of He-Man's power harness are painted neatly it seems like Mattel just straight up neglected to paint the sides or edges of the harness. That's kind of weird, right?
It's nice to finally have a standard He-Man in scale with Mattel's other minis. It seems like Mattel has some big plans for this line with the second series already hitting and two more planned, so having He-Man is going to be a figure lots of folks probably want to pick up. He's a Great figure and a lot of fun. I really like the over-the-top muscular look of these little guys. They're really fun to play and they look great on display. Happy hunting in tracking this set down!
I've reviewed so many action figures of Prince Adam/ He-Man that he has his own review archive. Check out Fabulous Secret Powers for more He-Man and Prince Adam stuff!
For more figures from Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis check out the following:
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run