Are you a fan of Snake Mountain? The check out my reviews of the Snake Mountain M.U.S.C.L.E. from series 3's Pack C and the plastic Snake Mountain cases from the series 2 Eternia Minis Faker, He-Man, First Appearance Trap Jaw, Serpent Claw Man-At-Arms, Golden Armor Skeletor, and Beast Man.
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Minifigure Review: Skeletor from Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis by Mattel
Mattel has done it again! As part of the second series of Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis Mattel just carried forward Skeletor from series 1. Rather than come up with another cool paint variant they just repackaged the same figure, gave it a new letter in the series, and that's it. Why not give us a cool paint variant, like the Leo Skeletor or the 200x blood red variant, or give him black armor and a white face like the movie version of Skeletor? Seriously, anything would have been preferable than a straight up repack. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Let's spend a few minutes chastising Mattel's boneheaded repack after the break...
Height: 2 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Havoc Staff and 2 piece Snake Mountain case.
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars
ID Number: H
* On the left is the series 2 Skeletor while the series 1 Skeletor is on the right. Notice any differences? Not really. The skin tones might be a bit different but that's just a production issue and not a variation or anything.
* I'm starting with the negatives first: This is the same figure you already have if you bought series 1. Mattel couldn't even be bothered to offer up a cool new palette swap. If you were a loyal customer who bought series 1 then Mattel is only too happy to get you to double dip with series 2. Lame.
* The Eternia Minis come blind packaged but it's actually not a bad thing at all. First, there is a very prominent code on the bottom of the package identifying the figure inside (Skeletor is "H"), so you don't have to buy these without knowing what you're getting if you know the codes. Second, the packaging is a very cool plastic Snake Mountain. It actually separates in half and you can connect them with other Snake Mountains to make a long chain of evil. It's a cool sculpt and some of the best blind packaging I've ever seen. The detail is insanely nice on this!
* Furthermore, the Snake Mountain container functions as a really cool display stand. There is a peg on top that plug into the figure's feet. When you connect a row of these together you can have a long display stand for multiple figures.
I've reviewed so many toys based on Skeletor/ Keldor that I've given him his own review archive. Check out Snake Mountain for a plethora of Skeletor reviews!