- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Action Figure Review: Prahvus from Masters of the Universe Classics by Mattel
Height: 7 inches (8 inches if you include his horns!)
Articulation: Hinged ankles w/ minor lateral rockers, hinged knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a double ball jointed head.
Accessories: Magic lamp and mace
Non-Scalper Price: $28 dollars
*Prahvus' articulation isn't much different from most other MOTUC figures, although he is lacking the boot swivel and lateral ankle hinges of some other figures (that probably due to the fact that he has some a number of newly sculpted parts). Still, what's here is incredibly functional and sturdy. The majority of Mattel's MOTUC figures are just incredible toys that are really fun to play with and Prahvus is no exception.
* Prahvus has a crazy awesome sculpt. His body's not that different than an average figure but his scale-mail loincloth, armored boots, and magical gauntlet definitely give him an interesting visual appearance. Of course his headsculpt is the real draw here and it's incredible. His long point ears, massive demonic horns, and creepy long beard all contribute to the otherworldly vibe of this fellow. He's a great looking villain!
* Prahvus also has a cool looking cape that is attached to the skull shaped pauldron on his right shoulder. It's a really neat little detail and fairly different from many of the other design elements we've seen on MOTUC figures.
* I love Prahvus' color scheme. His dark skin with bright blue tattoos really stands out! It's an awesome look that nicely resembles the character from the MYP cartoon but that also is very reminiscent of some of the villains from the more recent Legend of Zelda games. His purple loincloth, cape, and glove are awesome, particularly when paired with the bright red decorative gems.
Castle Grayskull, you'll have a nice new piece to craft some fun adventures with.
* It's not the end of the world, but Prahvus' wicked looking mace did arrive bent. I'm not sure what caused it but it;'s a bit annoying. The material is fairly sturdy, however, so a little bending and fussing with it should set things right again. Still, not a problem one ever wants to have when receiving new weaponry.
Callix, Evil Seed, King Chooblah, Ceratus, Queen Grayskull, and Prahvus) have really been outstanding and definitely represent some of the best stuff released this year. Prahvus is another Great and a 1/2 MOTUC figure. While the end of the year has been a bit disappointing in the main subscription series, Club 200x really gave us something to look forward to every month since June.
This is Prahvus' first figure but I have reviewed a number of other Masters of the Universe Classics figures, including:
"Buzz Saw" Hordak
End of Wars Weapon Pak
The Fighting Foe Men
Galactic Protector He-Man
Galactic Protector She-Ra
Heads of Eternia
Loo-Kee and Kowl
Mara of Primus
Ninja Warrior/ Ninjor
Rokkon & Stonedar
Rotar and Twistoid
Sky High with Jet Sled
Snake Armor He-Man and Battle Armor King Hsss
Spirit of Grayskull
Spirit of Hordak
Terror Claws Skeletor & Flying Fists He-Man
The Unnamed One