- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Action Figure Review: Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel/hinge thighs, swivel hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, hinged neck, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Comlink blaster
Non-Scalper Price: $10
* While I still lament the fact that these figures don't have swivel/hinge shoulders, it doesn't seem like Hasbro will be changing that anytime soon. The articulation here is pretty nice, though, and I definitely feel like these are good, sturdy toys. My two-year old loves to play with these and they hold up really well. She truly is more fascinated by these more than any of her toys, with the exception of her stuffed animals. Those guys always win out!
* Take a second and look at Admiral Ackbar's accessory: Recognize it? Check this out for a memory job! Yup, that's the Comlink blaster from the Power of the Force II Admiral Ackbar! So far as I know that weapon was created just for the line (it was actually a modification of a blaster rifle that was created as the secondary weapon for the POTFII Greedo) so it's really cool to see Hasbro throw this little Easter egg out there for the fans of that line.
* If you look closely on Admiral Ackbar's clean, pressed military uniform, there are actually a number of bizarre paint stains. I'll admit, it is tough to see in the picture, but it's there. Not sure what caused it as this is one solid color here.
* I love the over the arm blaster Admiral Ackbar comes with but I will say that it's tough to position on his arm with the little "port hole" wedges. This is designed to attach to one of the ports on his shoulders but it gets caught up on the forearm ports. Glad to see those ports finally having a purpose, though. Still, this could have been a bit better thought out.
Oh, and read the first letters in each word of that last paragraph! Bet you weren't expecting that!
I haven't reviewed any other Admiral Ackbar figures on Action Figure Barbecue but I have reviewed plenty of the Star Wars Hero Mashers:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine