- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Action Figure Review: The Inquisitor from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: Double bladed lightsaber
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* The Hero Mashers figures are really fun to play with. The articulation is pretty good (although I still wish these guys had swivel/hinge shoulders instead of just swivels) and they're very sturdy. My 2 year old just loves playing with these and they hold up to her pretty well, so that's an endorsement.
* I don't make the most of the mashing feature as I tend to keep my figures the way they are but my two year old finds the mashing comedic. Want to give Zeb a new set of armor after he beats up the Inquisitor? Have at it! The figure splits apart at the knees, hips, elbows, and head.
* The Inquisitor might have one of the best sculpts of any figure in this line. He's just such an intimidating looking character! It's interesting that in this line, where the design aesthetic makes the characters look a bit more friendly, that the Inquisitor remains so creepy. The head sculpt is incredible and the paint work is fantastic. Check out those eyes! Terrifying! His armor is also extremely faithfully represented here.
* I like the Inquisitor's lightsaber. The unwritten rule of Star Wars is that every new Sith/ Dark Jedi/ Darksider has to have a new lightsaber type that one ups everyone else. Vader's saber was red. Darth Maul's was double bladed. Asajj Ventress dual wielded. Grievous quad wielded. The Iniquistor gets a double bladed lightsaber that can spin. This one doesn't spin (it's one solid piece) but it looks great and it a fun, fitting accessory for the character.
* The lightsaber is cooled but it's tough to get it into the Inquisitor's right hand. The handle is a bit large. I also wish that there was a peg on the handle somewhere so that it could be stores on the Inquisitor's back. The peg and port system just doesn't get utilized enough in this line!
I've reviewed one other figure of the Inquisitor from the insanely difficult to find Star Wars: Rebels line.
I've also reviewed most of the other figures in this line so far, including:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine