- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, December 7, 2015
Action Figure Review: C-3PO from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel/hinge thighs, swivel hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: Carrying pack.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
*C-3PO doesn't need that much articulation to do what he needs to do but Hasbro threw it in anyways. He's a solid and durable toy that I've enjoyed posing and my 2 year old daughter likes to play with. Hard to beat that. These are quality products that are really a blast.
* The main gimmick of these toys is that you can combine the pieces of the figure with other figures. Want to give someone a robotic arm or leg? Give them one of Threepio's. Of course, the best thing you can do with this figure is remove his parts like when he was dismembered on Bespin. That's a fun, film accurate action feature for this guy. He even comes with a backpack to carry him in. If a battle droid ever comes out, you could swap his head with C-3PO's, too. Lots of options here.
* Here's a better picture of the backpack. It's made from a somewhat flexible plastic and is definitely intended for Chewbacca (the only series 2 basic figure I didn't find the day I picked up everyone else) to carry Threepio around in. It has a shoulder strap but it also plugs into the port holes in a figures pack for extra stability.
* To be honest, I don't have any. I really think this is one of the best C-3PO figures I've owned. Sure, it's not designed to fit in with one of the more traditional collector oriented lines or anything but it's still just incredible. The paint work, the sculpt, and the overall look of he figure just wow me. C-3PO's essence and personality really shine through in this little 6-inch plastic fellow. Now let's just hope that we get an R2-D2 in this line.
I haven't reviewed any other C-3PO figures yet on here though I have reviewed plenty of other Star Wars Hero Mashers, including:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine