- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Action Figure Review: Greedo from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: DT-12 Heavy blaster pistol
Non-Scalper Price: $10
* The mashing aspect of these figures is really quite fun. Me and my 2 year old have been having a blast making new variations. Ever wanted to see Greedo in Stormtrooper armor? Here you go! Or he can be a generic Rodian Stormtrooper. Your choice!
* Greedo looks like....well, Greedo. Seriously, Hasbro has done a nice job on translating the winner of the "Bounty hunter with the worst aim award" into this more simplified style. Greedo's head sculpt is nicely detailed while his outfit is far more simple. He still has all of the little padded stripes on the sides of the sleeves and legs, however. He's not the Star Wars Black Greedo by any stretch of the imagination but he's great for a more traditional "toyified" version of the character.
* One thing I complained about with these figures back in the first series that I still haven't made peace with is that they really don't take advantage of the pegs on the accessories and the portholes on the figures. Greedo's blaster only has a peg on the bottom, not on the side, thus there's no way to "holster" it. He also only has one gripping hand and the blaster doesn't fit into it too terribly well. It'll fit, but be prepared for it to fall out over time.
I'm really enjoying collecting this line as it's something that me and my 2 year old are doing together. Greedo is a character that I always find hard to resist picking up in action figure form and this is another good representation of the character. I do wish the hands were set up a bit better to hold the blaster but that's not a deal breaker for me. In the end, I'd give Greedo a Good and a 1/2 rating. He's fun, colorful, and a great subject for an object lesson when you're teaching your kids about the Han and Greedo controversy in A New Hope!
I reviewed the Star Wars: The Black Series Greedo when it was released in late 2013.
I've reviewed a number of these other Star Wars Hero Mashers figures, including:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine