Ready for some more Final Faction? You better believe it! Today I'm checking out another of the newer accessory sets from this line and this time it's a set of four rifles and a new backpack for Scope. Scope was released last year and while he came with a nice assortment of extras himself (a backpack, 2 pistols, and a rifle) this set gives him even more toys to play with when attacking the Kharn from a distance. Ready for a look at this arsenal? Then join me after the break...
Includes: 4 rifles and a backpack
Non-Scalper Price: $1.25
* First up is the Hammerdown LAR 50, presumably a 50 caliber rifle with a traditional magazine. The packaging notes that this is a particularly lethal tool with "high velocity rounds capable of piercing armor and limbs." This looks fantastic and could easily fit in with a modern military line like G.I. Joe or some futuristic lines like Halo or, of course, Final Faction. This is sleek and really nicely detailed.
* The second rifle is the Spartan XP-109, a more futuristic rifle that has a massive magazine on the bottom. It definitely reminds me of an upgrade of the pulse rifle from Aliens as it has that fine mixture of a real world, modern firearm and something from a decade or two in the future.
* Next up is the Malcom HZ-38, a rifle with a scope and a decent sized magazine but no stock. The packaging calls this "a high caliber, mid-range rifle."
* Last up is the very stylish Busy Bee KL-308 which apparently..."fires 400 plasma rounds per second."400 per second? Sheesh! To be honest, it looks a lot like a fairly modern rifle or one of the guns you would see the UNSC use in Halo. It's slick for sure and has a really cool design to it.
* The set also comes with Scope's H-pack, a backpack presumably loaded with gear and extra ammunition for combat. It fits easily on Scope's back and he stands just fine wearing it.
* The H-pack is really cool because there's a slit running through it which allows any of the four rifles in this set to be stored inside. It's a fun feature that allows Scope to carry more equipment on him than most figures in the line.
* Some of the rifles don't fit perfectly in Scope's hands. That's disappointing since this accessory kit is intended specifically for him. It's honestly more of a problem with his hands rather than the rifles here, but it's still an issue.
If you're a fan of Scope I've also reviewed the standard Scope figure.
For more Final Faction reviews check out the following: