Imperial Death Troopers seem to be the early favorite in the race for coolest costumed characters, I'm actually digging the Scarif Stormtroopers even more. Also called Shoretroopers, the Scarif Stormtroopers patrol the tropical planet of Scarif, home to a number of top secret Imperial installations. I love their mixture of a more traditional military color scheme with some of the standard flare of Imperial Armor. While the Squad Leader is a regular release, this standard Scarif Stormtrooper is actually a Wal-Mart exclusive, like last year's Imperial Shock Trooper. These still haven't hit in mass yet, but they do seem easier to find than the Shock Troopers. Let's take a closer look at these beachfront troopers after the break...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed
hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge
elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: E-11 Blaster rifle
Non-Scalper Price: $17-$20 dollars (Wal-Mart has advertised some sales on these guys)
* Largely based on the body of the Hovertank Pilot, the Scarif Stormtrooper has the same excellent articulation that figure had. I absolutely love this guy and I don't think a day has gone by since I received him in the mail that I didn't pick him up and spend a few minutes posing him. He just moves so well!
other troopers in this same environment, so maybe the film (or the visual dictionary) will explain what's going on here. The paint is really cool, though, as there's actually a dirty wash on the helmet.
* Here's a look at the main torso. This is an incredible armor design with some killer paint apps. Hasbro doesn't always use subtle effects like these on their figures so it really stands out here. I'm also digging the red and yellow design on his right bicep.
* Here's a look at the back of the armor. Take note of he incredible paint apps and dirty wash all over this guy. One of the best Black Series figures I've seen in regards to paint work.
* The standard Scarif Stormtrooper is pretty similar to the Squad Leader (review coming soon!) with the main difference being that the standard trooper has some short flaps here and an ammo pack. It looks really cool and the don't hinder the hip articulation much at all.
* The Scarif Stormtrooper is wearing some pretty slick boots. I love the
details on them (the knee pads are also asymmetrical, just like a
standard Stormtrooper's footwear) and the paint weathering continues
down here. Hasbro really has done an amazing job with the paintwork
here. It's a huge improvement over many other figures in the history of the line.
* The Scarif Stormtrooper comes with an E-11, but what's cool is that not only is this a new sculpt of the E-11 but it features some
sort of sensor or target designator on the barrel. Lots of the Rogue One
figures have these designators, so I'm wondering if this is a feature
we'll see used in some way in the film. The paint apps are awesome on this, too, with lots of silver detail and wear and tear painted or dry brushed on.
* The ammo pouch still looks really cool, but I kind of wish it had truly been a separate piece hanging off the belt rather than just a sculpted part of the flaps. It definitely would have made it feel a bit more lifelike.
The only other Scarif Stormtrooper I've reviewed is the Scarif Stormtrooper Captain Micro Machines microfigure. Of course, if you're looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series reviews, check out the following from Phase III:
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Road to Rogue One: Scarif Stormtrooper from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?