Just a little over a month ago I reviewed the standard Terror Claws Skeletor POP! Pocket Keychain from Funko and today I'm going to take a quick peak at the Hot Topic exclusive metallic variant. This is the exact same piece as the previous keychain, just with a metallic paint scheme. Since they're so similar I'm reusing most of the text from the previous review so if you're experiencing déjà vu or something that's why. Let's take a look at the metallic version of the Terror Claws Skeletor POP! Pocket Keychain after the break...
* The metallic Terror Claws Skeletor keychain is on the left while the standard Terror Claws Skeletor is on the right. As you can see, the only real difference here is the metallic color scheme on the Hot Topic exclusive. I do like the metallic keychain but I think the standard one is my preferred figure of the two.
* Just for fun here's a quick shot of the box. These little guys come in a tiny box that doesn't actually look like your standard POP! vinyl box. It's got a hangar so they can go on pegs on shelves or by a cash register at a store. They're collector friendly, though, so if that's important to you you'll be set. This one has the Hot Topic exclusive sticker on the window to differentiate it from the standard release.
* I always consider it a positive that the keychain is completely removable from the figure. Now it's a very solid looking keyring, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to have the option to simply display a little mini Skeletor POP! rather than a keychain if you want to. Just unscrew the keychain and you'll have a little POP! with just a tiny hole in the top of the head. You can put the screw right back in, too, if you need the keychain function back.
* Funko will issue one sculpt of a character and then use it in the regular POP! line, the giant size figures, and in little novelty merchandise like this. This is smaller version of the regular POP! Terror Claws Skeletor #39 which isn't a bad thing at all and, of course, a simple repaint of the regular Terror Claws Skeletor keychain. This little guy captures all of the details of the larger figure and looks pretty schwanky.
* All of the small details are present: The skull on the chest armor, the studded claws, and even the view of Skeletor's arms underneath as he's holding the claws just like the vintage toy did. He's way more metallic looking than the standard keychain, so if that's important to you get yourself to Hot Topic.
I've reviewed so many darn toys of Skeletor/ Keldor that I've given him his own review archive! Check out Snake Mountain for all of the Skeletor reviews you could ever want.
For more reviews of POP! Pocket Keychains check out the following:
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?