I've been steadily making my way through the first series of Final Faction figures from 2020 and today I'm finally wrapping up the last of the figures with a review of Steel (I've still got a few accessory sets to review, however). Sgt. Steel is an African pilot who handles the air support for Alpha Team 1 in their battle against the Kharn. He's a prominent part of both the cartoons and the comic book and a new accessory set, the Dragonfly, is currently being releases that is designed just for him. Ready to take a look at Steel? Then join me after the break...
Height: 3 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Year of Release: 2020
* Steel has a very standard, tactical look to him. A blue flight suit with armor, a brown harness with pouches and such, and kneepads. The paintwork on his torso, particularly the details on his armored chest plate and his harness, are pretty good. The paintwork is definitely where this line can be the weakest but Steel isn't bad from the front.
* Steel's portrait isn't bad, either. He's rocking some cool blue goggles and a steely gaze.
* These are basic figures with five points of articulation. They're fairly sturdy and move well. They're simple but fun.
* Steel comes with a jetpack that fits on his back. It has some very angular wings and two gun barrels for delivering damage to the Kharn.
* The biggest problem with Steel is that there's little to no paint on the rear of the figure. His harness straps are unpainted and the strap for his goggles is unpainted as well. This definitely shows off the budget conscious nature of this line.
This is the first figure of Steel I've reviewed. For more Final Faction reviews check out the following: