Variant Variables series back in April 2019 but ended up shipping with the Leo series back in August. While he's pretty close to being 100% faithful to the vintage Stinkor, this guys does have two unusual design elements that differentiate him from the original toy: He has a blue Zodac pistol instead of his classic shield and he doesn't have gloves. Is this either a very obscure variant based on a German comic book or did Super7 offer Zodac's pistol in blue as an homage to the MOTUC figure's blue weapon? Who knows? What I can tell you, however, is that Stinkor is completely unscented, which kind of bugs me. A Stinkor that doesn't stink? Now that's disgusting! Anyways, let's check out Stinkor after the break...
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hinges, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Overall Stinkor is very faithful to his vintage counterpart as he has the same mixture of parts from previously released figures (including Mekaneck's armor). You can see here that the biggest difference is indeed the absence of red gloves on the ReAction Stinkor (on the left). Why were these left of?
* Stinkor definitely is very vintage accurate while still adhering to the classic Kenner style of action figure. While he's mostly 100 percent reuse with new paint (just like the vintage toy) his torso is slightly different as it has been retooled a bit. Stinkor doesn't have the extending neck feature that Mekaneck had, after all. I like the red details on the armor and, for the most part, the figure's paint is neat, clean, and everything stands out the way it should. Also, his arms are on correctly!
* Like his vintage ancestor, Stinkor simply reuses the same head as Mer-Man and, like his vintage ancestor, the difference in paint color really masks how obvious it would seem. The paint looks good overall (I love the crazy yellow eyes!) and definitely feels like a new character.
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation and all swivel joints. Stinkor is
well made and quite sturdy. Super7's ReAction figures are definitely of a higher quality than most of the
earlier ReAction figures that Funko put out and they've been highly consistent with this series.
* The card art on most ReAction figures released by Super7 is beautiful
and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Stinkor
features an awesome illustration of the character based on the character, though it's interesting that he features red gloves. This makes me believe that the red gloves being missing on the figure is an accident. To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. I've got mine hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
1988 German comic book. It's unique but...
* C'mon. where's Stinkor's shield? Considering how small the pistol is, his blue shield from the vintage weapons rack should have been included, too.
* The absence of the red gloves on Stinkor absolutely seems like an accident as I'm not finding Stinkor without gloves as being any kind of known variant (if you know of one, let me know). Super7's own packaging art shows gloves, too, so I think this was just an error.
If you're a fan of Stinkor, the Evil Master of Odors, check out my review of the green Stinkor M.U.S.C.L.E. minifigure from the Series 2 pack, the Action Vinyls Stinkor, and the Funko POP! Stinkor #657.
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction reviews, check out the following:
Beastman with Weapons Pack
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Orko (Cartoon Colors)
Ram Man (Mini Comic)
Skeletor (Los Amos)
Slime Pit He-Man
Trap Jaw (Cartoon Colors)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run