- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Action Figure Review: Stinkor from Masters of the Universe Action Vinyls by The Loyal Subjects
Height: 3 1/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel ankles, hinged knees, balljointed hips, balljointed waist, balljointed shoulders, swivel wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Shield and bio-card.
Non-Scalper Price: $13- $15 dollars
* Just like you would hope, Stinkor is assembled from multiple reused parts including the head from Mer-Man and the body armor from Mekaneck. The colors are great: The black and white on Stinkor's fur looks pretty striking while the orange armor actually has some darker orange highlights, too.
* Of course, taking direction from the vintage action figure, Stinkor's portrait was reused from Mer-Man. It's amazing that when it was repainted to look like a sunk rather than an ocean warlord, I never even noticed that Stinkor and Mer-Man shared a headsculpt as a kid. The sculpt is still strong here and the little paint flourishes definitely help change the feel of the sculpt.
* For series 2 The Loyal Subjects redsigned the base body for the line. There's more articulation here and a slightly slimmer body for the base figure (although the articulated is hidden a bit by the armor). The figure has quite a few balljoints, though not all of them have an extreme range of motion. The head and body joints are good, though, and the figure stands well and has a nice playability factor to it.
* Stinkor comes packing his shield. I'm not sure why Mattel gave the vintage toy a shield (it was reused from the Castle Grayskull weapons rack) but most versions of the character have since included it. This shield looks just like the vintage toy, only a bit smaller.
* To add a bit more personalization and fun to each release The Loyal Subjects adds a bio card in with each figure. It's a cool little extra that uses the MOTUC bio for Stinkor. The back features a checklist for series 2, as well.
* Stinkor unfortunately has a bit of paint slop on the white streak on left arm. It's got some red and black on there, evidently paint slop from his gloves and some areas where the paint wasn't fully applied.
If you're a fan of Stinkor, the Evil Master of Odors, check out my review of the green Stinkor M.U.S.C.L.E. minifigure from the Series 2 pack and the Funko POP! Stinkor #657.
For more Masters of the Universe Action Vinyls, check out the following:
Battle Armor He-Man
Battle Armor Skeletor
Battle Cat (Flocked)