I reviewed the first figure I picked up from this series back in July and I ended up picking up the rest of the figures here and there. A second series has been announced and so far we know that Leviathan, Valkyrie, and DJ Yonder are on the way. Hopefully the line has a good long run as it's turned out to be one of the most fun I've picked up this year. For the $20 asking price (which, let's be honest, is the standard going rate for articulated, 6 inch scaled action figures), you're getting a lot. Multiple face plates, excellent articulation, and quite a few accessories. The quality is definitely here and these are some of the most playable action figures in recent memory. I'm curious how many collectors are like me and are picking these up with little to no knowledge about Fortnite. Good toys are just good toys, y'know? Let's check out Enforcer after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, double
hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel,
balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged shoulder pads, bicep
swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers,
and a swivel/hinge head.
Accessories: Sniper rifle, Caliper harvesting tool, boogie bomb, Bandages, hood, face scarf, shield, and three interchangeable portraits.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* The Enforcer has one of those generically cool looks that really just doesn't disappoint. He doesn't stand out necessarily, but you're not going to be disappointed once you check him out. His armored battle suit is really made with lots of cool armored panels and neat, clean paint applications.
* I like Enforcer's headsculpt. He looks like Spawn to me. There are three face plates that can snap on and off of the head, allowing you to give Enforcer new expressions. The first expression, and probably the default is a standard angry expression. His eyes look like he's staring some villain down as if he's ready for battle.
* The second expression is wide eyed. Yeah, while I assume this is a regular fellow wearing a mask, it's pretty funny how the eyes actually grow larger and change shape. Kind of like Deadpool or Spider-Man.
* The last expression is kind of quizzical. Enforcer has one eye wide open while the other eye is unusually shaped, as if he's not sure about what's going on. I'm assuming the characters are rather expressive in the game with this sort of focus on their facial expressions. It makes for fun displays and posing for sure.
* Enforcer comes with two pieces of headgear that come attached in the package, but they're both totally removable. The scarf around his neck and lower mouth and the hood are removable. Change things up if you like!
* There's an unusual piece of armor on Enforcer's lower back. Anyone know what it is? Maybe a portable laptop or data pad? Something to keep him from getting shot in the rear? lumbar support?
* Like the other five figures in the first series, the articulation on this guy is incredible. He feels sturdy, durable, and has articulation that feels like it could give Toy Biz's Marvel Legends
line a run for its money. The inclusion of things like toe joints, lots
of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs
allow this guy to take some crazy poses and uses two-handed weapons with
* The Subjugator is a "Back Bling" that looks like a riot shield. The Enforcer can wear it on his back for additional protection. It's a nice sculpt (a bit undersized) and features a few red and silver paint applications as well.
* To heal small wounds, the Enforcer comes with a set of Bandages. They're essentially a roll of bandages with a little white cross logo on them to indicate they're a healing item. They also have a small hole in the front so the Enforcer can grip the accessory securely. The thumb can fit in there, allowing for a better grip.
* The Boogie Bomb is a grenade that makes the other characters dance.
It's a cool looking weapon that looks like a grenade mixed with a disco
ball and it actually even has some colored panels on it. The Rabbit Raider had the same accessory, just FYI.
* The Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is a cool looking weapon. The Fortnite weapons have a sort of boxy, almost cartoonish looking feel to them, but the paint weathering and crispness of the sculpt still makes them shine. The designs for some reason make me think of how the weapons looked when you viewed them from Bond's watch in GoldenEye007.
* The Caliper is a Harvesting Tool that looks like some sort of mountain climbing device. The green highlights on the blade and the loop at the bottom are cool, though. There's also some really nice weathering on the metallic bits.
* My biggest complaint with this line is that Jazwares went with hinged
fingers move with one hinge and while they're not as problematic as the
fingers on older Marvel Legends figures, I still don't like them as well
as the use of alternate hands. They have a fairly tight grip, but
sometimes they're still tough to us, especially for thinner accessories
like the melee weapon or a gun grip. Articulated fingers rarely work and
here they seem like a fairly useless feature. If they dropped the
articulated fingers in series 2 of the line I'd be thrilled.
* The Subjugator riot shield is mainly designed to be worn on the Enforcer's back, which is a real shame. Seeing the handles here, I really wish it had been designed to be usable to the figure as an actual shield he could carry as well. Seems like a missed opportunity.
This is the first figure of the Enforcer I've reviewed. For more figures from Fortnite: Legendary Series, check out the following:
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap