vintage 1984 Masters of the Universe Weapons Pak accessory set. The Weapons Pack included multiple accessories already included with figures in the toyline, most of them recolored slightly. While the standard Beastman sports a red furry collar and cuffs, this version is decked out in the yellow collar from the Weapons Pak. He also comes with enough extra weapons to stock a small armory! Ready to check out this cool Beastman with Weapons Pack? Then join me after the break...
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Whip, 2 axes, 2 swords, pistol, and 2 maces.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* It turns out that this is the first ReAction Beastman I've reviewed on the site (I have the red Beastman but I never got around to reviewing him on here) and I'm really impressed with him. He definitely has a fantastic, vintage feel, but the detail in the sculpt really stands out. He also has neat, clean paintwork that reflects the vintage design of the figure. The yellow armor looks good and lots of folks will recognize this as how the armor from their childhood Beastman figure; the Weapons Pak was very popular and the accessories definitely made their way around to the figures in your collection.
* I love the headsculpt. Beastman's nose and beard are very prominent, giving him a savage, vicious appearance, as do his teeth.
* The sculpted straps look great on the figure, as does the hair on his body. Excellent work!
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation, all swivel joints. Beastman feels very
well made and sturdy. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines over the past couple of years and has definitely perfected the style.
* Beastman's whip is smaller than the vintage accessory, but it feels exactly the same: A plastic handle with a small black cord. He can hold it in either hand (he can either grip the small hand guard or slide his left hand through the hand guard) and it definitely completes the figure perfectly. The vintage Weapons Pak included a standard black version of Beastman's whip as well, so this accessory doubly belongs in this set.
* One of my favorite accessories is this bright blue ax. I just love the design of He-Man's ax and it looks incredibly cool in bright blue. This is another one of the accessories from the vintage Weapons Pak, and probably the one I would have missed the most if it had been missing.
* The other blue weapon from the vintage pack is the Power Sword, and it's here too! I love it! It looks very much like the vintage accessory, just smaller.
* Mer-Man's sword molded in red is an unusual inclusion, and one of the weapons that wasn't part of the vintage Weapons Pak. I don't recognize it from anywhere, so I'm guessing this is something Super7 made up. There are a few weapons from the vintage pack that haven't yet been made in the ReAction line, so they had to presumably use some stuff already made.
* Zodac's pistol in black is another piece from the vintage Weapons Pak that has been faithfully recreated here. Isn't it odd that Super7 hasn't released Zodac in this line yet, though? (Edit: Yes, someone pointed out that Zodac has been released. Even worse, I already own him!)
* Man-At-Arms' mace, now molded in grey, is another addition new to this pack. It really looks the same as the grey mace included with the Movie colored variant of Man-At-Arms, though, so I wonder why this was included?
* Mekaneck's mace is also included, this time in grey. The vintage Weapons Pack included a few of the Castle Grayskull weapons molded in grey, so perhaps these are a throwback to those.
* Last, and most unusual, is Ram-Man's ax molded in black. This is another new piece that wasn't included in the vintage set.
* The card art is excellent on most ReAction figures released by Super7 and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Beastman
features a beautiful illustration of the character by Jason Edmiston. To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. It even worked on the two tiny blisters that the additional weapons are included in. I've got mine hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
If you dig Beast Man, I've reviewed the Super 7 M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. series 1 version and the Series 2 green version, as well as the MOTUC Beast Man (Blood- Red Henchman) figure, Mattel's Club Grayskull Beast Man, the 200x minifigure Beast Man from the Heroes Vs. Villains Gift pack, the Mega Construx Beast Man from the Battle for Eternia set and the red Beast Man from Castle Grayskull, the Super7 Beast Man, and the VYNL Beast Man.
I've also checked out one other Weapons Pak: The Masters of the Universe Classics End of Wars Weapons Pak.
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures, check out the following:
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Orko (Cartoon Colors)
Ram Man (Mini Comic)
Skeletor (Los Amos)
Slime Pit He-Man
Trap Jaw (Cartoon Colors)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Sunday, September 1, 2019
Action Figure Review: Beastman with Weapons Pack from Masters of the Universe ReAction by Super7
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Just an observation...Zodac has been released in this line.ReplyDelete
You know what's terrible? I actually own him! He's hanging on the shelf with the rest of my ReAction figures. Sheesh!Delete
Yeah, I jumped on BBTS immediately after I read your comment and found him on sale, along with Stratos. Before adding them to my cart I went to check whether or not I had Stratos and realized I had them both already.Delete