- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Monday, July 4, 2016
Micro Review: Collection V Gungans from Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob
Includes: 2 standing Gungans, 3 booma Gungans, and 3 spear wielding Gungans.
Original release date: 1999
Original Retail Price: $5-$8 dollars
* The first Gungan is a standard Otolla Gungan standing at attention and wielding a spear. These are some pretty cool guard Gungans and they'd look great hanging around the Naboo Temple Ruins playset. These guys all have little holes in the base so they can attach to the pegs on the Episode I playsets.
* The booma wielding Gungans have their right arms extended backwards to toss a Gungan booma grenade with the assistance of an atlatl. Again, the detail and paintwork is pretty spot on for such a tiny figure and these guys look awesome as part of a Gungan army. This guy might be my favorite from the set.
* The third and final Gungan in this set is also preparing for battle. He's getting ready to toss a deadly spear at some unlucky Trade Federation Battle Droid. I love the pose here as this Gungan is perfectly set for battle. Just really impressive stuff!
If you're interested in more Micro Machine madness, check out my other reviews:
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Galoob (1994)
Classic Characters (2nd Edition)
Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob (1999)
Naboo Temple Ruins
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Hasbro (2015)
Droid Army Ambush
First Order Star Destroyer Playset
First Order Stormtrooper Playset
Millennium Falcon Playset