- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Micro Review: Collection VIII from Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob
Left to Right: Sith Speeder with Darth Maul, Darth Maul, Naboo Fighter, and Naboo Pilot.
Original Year of Release: 1999
Original Retail Price: $5- $8 dollars
* Darth Maul on his Sith Speeder is an incredibly cool little microfigure. The sculpt is pretty impressive overall although the face is just painted red with no attempt at adding any black details. Still, it's neat to have Darth Maul riding Bloodfin (the name for his custom FC-20 speeder bike) as a Micro Machine. Does anyone know if this is the same piece as the one included with the Tatooine Desert playset?
the work they were doing on the Micro Machines line a year or so prior.
* The N-1 Starfighter is a beautiful craft. There's something about it's rounded elegance that reminds me of the Cloud Cars patrolling Bespin in The Empire Strikes back. The paint work is gorgeous here and, while I've never been overly impressed by the space battle scenes from the end of Episode I, I love the look of these. Just gorgeous!
* Perhaps the only truly unique figure in the set, and possibly the bet, is the Naboo Pilot. Decked out in his flight helmet and long trench coat, this guy is a really nice sculpt with some awesome paint. I love the costumes for the inhabitants of Theed on Naboo and the pilots had such a cool look to them. I'd love to see these guys in the Black Series line some day!
If you're interested in Darth Maul, I've reviewed a few other figures of him including the Hero Mashers spider Darth Maul and the Sith Speeder & Darth Maul set as well as the Black Series Darth Maul.
If you want to see more Micro Machines, check out the following reviews of Galoob era goodness:
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Galoob (1994)
Classic Characters (2nd Edition)
Star Destroyer/ Space Fortress Transforming Action Set
Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob (1999)
Collection V: Gungans
Naboo Temple Ruins