- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Friday, July 1, 2016
Micro Review: Collection III from Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob
Includes from left to right: Jar Jar Binks, Fambaa, Gasgano's Podracer, and Gasgano.
Original year of release: 1999
Original Retail Price: $6-$8 dollars
* It's a Jar Jar!!! Yup, Galoob made sure that they included a Jar Jar Binks figure available at the lower priced range and y'know what? He's pretty good. He's tall, gangly, and wielding a weapon. There are a few Jar Jar figures in the Micro Machines line but this might be the best one released. He's a pretty solid figure and a fun character.
* The Fambaa is a pretty cool creature that adds something pretty different to the line. It definitely seems more in scale with the figures than your average vehicle and it's a rather intricate sculpt. I'm also loving the inactivated shield generator on his back from before the battle of Naboo. The paint is good, he's a unique figure, and he's just a ton of fun.
* Now, on to the podracing section of our review! Collection III comes with Gasgano's podracer. Remember Gasgano? He's the podracer who actually came in second place in the Boonta Eve Classic. No one remembers second place, though, do they? Well, now you can! This is a gorgeous little Micro Machine with some sweet sculpting, colorful paint, and even a tiny little Gasgano sculpted and painted into the pod's cockpit. This Ord Pedrovia podracer is set to finish second in all of your own underground podraces hosted on your desk.
I've reviewed a number of other Micro Machines from both Hasbro and Galoob, including:
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Galoob (1994)
Classic Characters (2nd Edition)
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Hasbro (2015)
Droid Army Ambush
First Order Star Destroyer Playset
First Order Stormtrooper Playset
Millennium Falcon Playset
Also, if you're craving more Jar Jar Binks, check out my review of the Jar Jar Binks Hero Mashers from Hasbro.