- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Micro Review: Collection II from Micro Machines: Star Wars Episode I by Galoob
Includes, left to right: Nute Gunray, Trade Federation Tank (AAT), Gungan Sub (Bongo), and Boss Nass.
Original Year of Release: 1999
Original Retail Price: $6-$8 dollars
* I flipping love me some Neimoidians and I absolutely adore Nute Gunray. Seriously, these guys are the coolest ever and, what's amazing is that since they were costumes rather than elaborate CG, they still hold up really, really well. Nute is a nice looking figure (although not the most action packed character). He's also another character who ended up appearing in all three prequel films (and the Clone Wars!). He's a big deal and a beautiful microfigure.
* I've owned an AAT (armored assault tank) for years since it came with the Jar Jar Binks transforming playset, but I really don't mind having another. It also turns out that this one is a good bit larger than the one included with that set. This is still a really strong vehicle design, even after all these years, and I love the design and the paintwork here. The paint is quite elaborate for a Micro Machine. It's also a solid, durable little tank.
* Next up is the bongo, a Gungan submarine. It's the vehicle Qui-Gon Jin. and Obi-Wan Kenobi are gifted with when they have to travel through the core of the planet Naboo. They're also cursed with Jar Jar, though. This is another awesome mini that's insanely detailed with beautiful paintwork. While a bongo was included with the Micro Machines transforming Gungan Sub playset this version of the vehicle has the hole for a stand on the bottom instead of on the top.
I've reviewed plenty of other Micro Machines sets from both Galoob and Hasbro, including:
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Galoob (1994)
Classic Characters (2nd Edition)
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Hasbro (2015)
Droid Army Ambush
First Order Star Destroyer Playset
First Order Stormtrooper Playset
Millennium Falcon Playset