Pimp Daddy Destro. Pimp Daddy Destro (that's not his official name, by the way) was at one point a mythical action figure, kind of like the vintage Masters of the Universe Savage He-Man/ Wonder Bread He-Man. While Savage He-Man remains a complete and utter mystery, Pimp Daddy Destro's existence and history are now well documented and acknowledged by Hasbro. While Hasbo has never officially called the figure Pimp Daddy Destro, they did release two tribute figures in the 25th Anniversary collection back in 2007 celebrating the crazy variant and now we have a version in the G.I. Joe: Classified Series. Meet Profit Director Destro! A fan channel exclusive, Profit Director Destro is a flamboyant, money burning maker of mayhem who is available through online toy stores and places like GameStop. Ready to check out this over the top and wonderfully gaudy variant of Destro? Then join me after the break...
* Profit Director Destro (left) and the standard series 1 Destro (right) use the same sculpt. PDD is just a repaint of the previous figure although he does have quite a few unique accessories.
* Destro is a pretty impressive looking figure and the Profit Director variant ramps up that impressiveness to the next level. Rather than having a black suit he's now sporting a rich burgundy outfit accented with leopard print. It's a crazy, out there look that makes you wonder whether Destro is going to feed you to a tiger or spout off about how he's never going to financially recover from everyone of Cobra Commander's ridiculous schemes.
* Destro has the same articulation as most other figures in the line, so he's able to move and take posses pretty well. These are sturdy, well articulated figures. Easily some of the best toys on the market right now.
* To really show off Destro comes with a leopard print cloak that sits over a cape. They're one single piece and they fit over Destro's shoulders quite well. Wait, that isn't just leopard print: That's actually a leopard pelt! C'mon, Destro! You know that fur like that just isn't cool. That's why he's one of the bad guys, folks. Maybe Destro purchased some pieces from Joe Exotic's wardrobe after he got sent upriver?
* Destro's revolver fits securely in this cool holster on his right thigh. There are also lots of pouches sculpted on it, plus it's molded from a soft, rubbery plastic, meaning it moves with the figure and doesn't hinder the articulation.
* Destro's briefcase is frankly pretty boring inside. The vintage Destro's pack had all kinds of cool gear inside and the Sigma 6 briefcase had a slide out machine gun, some pretty detailed currency, and a detailed computer. This seems pretty drab, though. Why does Destro need a computer in a briefcase these days? Hasbro is doing rail gun and lasers but still gives Destro a computer this large? Plus there's no detail on the money, something even the 1/18th scale line did pretty well.