Height: 6 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H- hinged, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a swivel head.
Accessories: 3 boomerangs, coat, and the left arm for the Killer Croc Collect & Connect figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* This is really a very nice headsculpt. It manages to capture the look of Jai Courtney as well as the look and feel of the character. If you're collecting the entire Suicide Squad, Captain Boomerang should fit right in. If you want to mix him in with your various other Mattel DCUC styled figures, you should also be able to do so with little trouble. It's tough to tell from the picture but Digger is sculpted wearing his cap.
* Underneath his massive coat (I'll talk about that in a minute) Captain Boomerang has a holster for...ready for it? A boomerang! It's really cool and it legitimately holds a boomerang, even underneath his coat. I love this feature!
* One of the things I will definitely give Mattel praise for regarding the DC Comics Multiverse line is that the vast majority of figures utilize original sculpts. Captain Boomerang is no exception and thus he has lots of smaller details that are rather interesting such as the watch and ring on his right hand and the leather glove and forearm pad on his left.
* Digger comes with three boomerangs to cause mayhem with. They're simple pieces molded in a light metallic grey plastic, but guess what? They look like boomerangs. There's not that much to them but they're a great accessory. If you put one in Captain Boomerang's left hand, one in his right, and one in his holster, he can then hold all of his accessories! I love when that happens!
* I'm always game for a Collect & Connect figure and it looks like Killer Croc is going to be the fourth build-a-figure/ accessory I'm building this year. I'm currently only missing the pieces from Katana so, as soon as I get her, you know I'll be reviewing Croc.
* Does Captain Boomerangs coat look too large to you? Not style wise but in a way that it seems it just wasn't designed that well by Mattel. I think it's the lapel and the front flaps: They're just too darn big compared to the coat from the film and, being that this coat is made from stiff rubber, there is no way to bend or fold them down.
* When they first came out Mattel's DC Superheroes and DC Universe Classics lines had some pretty good articulation. Not as good as Toy Biz's Marvel Legends, but those figures often suffered from articulation overload. Now, Nearly a decade later, Mattel seems to have gone stagnant (and even backwards) with their articulation on the DC lines. No double jointed knees or elbows, no wrist hinged, and, on Boomerang, only a swivel neck. Oh, and no waist swivel, either. Bummer.
* Considering the excellent work Mattel does on their WWE lines with respect to printing clothing details, I really wish the "Captain" on the front of Digger's jacket was a bit better. It's underwhelming rather than being bold and overstated, as it should be. The white stripes on the collar are also not at all well done. They look like afterthoughts.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of Captain Boomerang (this is actually the first one I've ever owned) but I have reviewed plenty of other DC Comics Multiverse figures, including:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman from Zero Year
Earth 23 Superman
The Joker from Batman: Endgame
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Mattel (2016)
Son of Batman
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman v. Superman by Mattel (2016)
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC Comics Multiverse: Suicide Squad by Mattel (2016)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Great review man! The coat is actually a re use of the Bane´s coat from The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Line, in who fits a lot better...ReplyDelete
You know, I kind of wondered if it was reused from another figure. That makes sense. Good eye, my friend.Delete
You should place a can of Foster's next to him. :DReplyDelete
If I found some little tiny doll house cans I could recreate the whole bar scene from the film. Also, guess what? I have a Katana on the way! She popped up on Amazon at retail price. Woohoo!Delete