catch up on Cable's history over here when you have a few hours. As for this review, I'm simply going to be talking about how amazing Hasbro's Marvel Legends line continues to be. By making better figure choices, improving their sculpts and articulation, and adding in more elements such as alternate portraits and cooler accessories, Hasbro continues to outdo themselves series after series. When is the last time you could say that about a mass market retail line? I've never been a big Marvel Legends collector (I probably owned less than 15 figures prior to the Iron Man 3 line) but my love for the Marvel Cinematic Universe and good action figures continues to suck me deeper and deeper into this line. Now with the X-Men Marvel Legends series, Hasbro is playing into my nostalgia. I was really into X-Men back in the early 1990s (so was everyone else) and the X-Men animated series, arcade game, and Toy Biz toyline. While this isn't a classic Cable (it's a fairly modern look for the character) being released alongside of everyone else in the series definitely helped to sell me on this guy. Plus, while the costume is different and less "extreme" it still looks like Cable. Let's check this guy out after the break...
Height: 7 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees,
swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, swivel waist, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge
wrists, hinged neck, and a ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Two rifles, ammo clip, and the crotch and belt of build-a-figure Juggernaut.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Cable's articulation is incredible. I love it! It's solid, sturdy, and plentiful. Cable is definitely one of the best and most playable action figures I've bought in the past few years. This guy is just an awesome toy, no doubt about it. That balljointed mid-torso joint is unreal.
* This is a pretty slick Cable portrait. What do you like better? The pissed off expression? The scarred visage? The half cybernetic Terminator inspired face? The fact that he kind of looks like an even more bad-ass Gary Johnson? Yes, Cable looks like Gary Johnson! He also looks like Cable too, and it's a really solid likeness.
* Not only does Cable have some swell armor but he's also rocking a metal arm. I'd argue that he's trying to fade the Winter Soldier's style but, honestly, Cable was doing it first. The banded metal arm looks good, as does Cable's hand. He looks like he's ready to crush some bad guys.
* While Cable shares his upper legs with Nuke, his armored boots seem completely new. They're really heavy duty looking and match his armor. There really aren't any paint applications on them but I dig the various bullet holes and dents on them.
* I'm a sucker for the build-a-figure concept but I don't always pick up a full series of figures or actually get around to building the figure. Juggernaut is one I really want, though, and I'm almost done with him (still just need Iceman and Deadpool, although 'Pool doesn't come with a BAF piece). Cable comes with Juggernaut's waist and belt.
* I really wish Cable had a way to stow his guns on his back. Heck, even just some pegs and posts would have been ideal. Also, he really should have come with a massive weapon like in this picture. That would have been both the bee's knees and the cat's meow.
I haven't reviewed any other Cable figures on this site yet although I owned a bunch of Cable figures from Toy Biz back in the early 90s. If you're looking for more Marvel Legends figures, check out my reviews of:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Heroes)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Hellcat (Fierce Fighters)
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Ant-Man by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers: Age of Ultron by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3 by Hasbro
Classic Iron Man
Heroic Age Iron Man
Iron Monger Build-a-figure
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash