Armored Batman from the DC Comics Multiverse line and as a belated birthday present I received Mezco's One:12 Collective Armored Batman. Despite having two versions of the costume, I was still drawn to Medicom's MAFEX version. It seems like MAFEX has some cool plans for this line and I wanted to go ahead and get an Armored Batman while they can still be found. You never know what toys are going to disappear and become harder to find, you know? Let's take a look at another Armored Batman figure after the break...
Height: 6 3/4 inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, double swivel/hinged ankles, double hinged
knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips with a vertical hinge in the
waist, balljointed waist, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders
with a ball joint, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, double
swivel/hinge wrists, ball jointed neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 6 interchangeable hands, grapnel gun, and a three piece display stand.
Non-Scalper Price: $45-$50 dollars
* Like the standard MAFEX Batman, armored Batman has some incredible articulation. Since he's a bit bulkier than the regular Bats, you can't fine tune his poses as much as the previous figure. Still, he's nothing to scoff at. Armored Batman feels quite durable for a collector's figure with an excessive amount of articulation.
* Here's a close up look at Bruce's gauntlets. You can see that they already look pretty rough (has he beaten other people in this suit previously?) and have some great paint effects to make them appear metallic and rough. Also, his spikes are perfect. No warping at all!
* The shoulder pads look great. I love the way the armor sets on the body on this figure. While they're separate pieces attached to the shoulder armor rather than the arms themselves, they just function perfectly.
* I love the spiked soles of the armored batsuit and the MAFEX version does a fantastic job with them. Imagine getting pounded in the face with these bad boys?
* Armored Batman only comes with three pairs of hands, but they still cover the main three things you'd want this guy to be able to do. Well, with the included accessories at least. Armored Bats has wicked looking fists, open palms, and gripping hands for his grappling hook gun. The pins are much thicker on his wrists than on the standard MAFEX Batman, so there's less fear of breakage.
* I'm going to mention a complaint about the interior of the cape in a minute, but let me say that the exterior of the cape looks really impressive. There are also wires in the edges of the cape which help to aid in posing. It's incredible! I love the look of this figure and the function of the poseable cape.
* Batman's lone actual accessory is the more heavy duty grapnel gun he uses during his fight with Superman. While it doesn't feature a removable dart like Mezco's version, it does have a pretty sweet paint job.
* I'm not digging the interior of the cape. It looks like...denim? Is that denim? The outside looks pretty cool, but the interior is pretty weak. This is an area where Mezco's One:12 Collective version takes the cake.
* Batman has a few places, particularly his waist, where the articulation definitely looks a bit odd. Unless you really lower his belt, you're going to be able to stare into Bruce's stomach and see the giant plastic peg keeping him together. Bummer.
* Armored Batman feels a little empty handed compared to the standard Batman, doesn't he? He should have included the grenade launcher, too. And the kryptonite spear. This guy had plenty of accessories to choose from, so I have no idea why MAFEX didn't give him at least one or two more cool items. They're including a few more accessories with later figures in the line, but that seems unnecessary when this guy was packed so light.
If you're looking for more Batman figures, check out my Dark Knight archive for dozens of Batman reviews! For more DC Comics based figures from MAFEX, check out the following:
Batman v. Superman MAFEX by Medicom (2016)
The Dark Knight Miracle Action Figure Ex/ MAFEX by Medicom
The Joker No.005
The Joker No. 015 (Bank Robber Version)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle