- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, January 20, 2017
POP! Review: Jill Valentine #155 from POP! Games by Funko
Height: 4 inches
Articulation: Swivel head
Accessories: Clear display stand
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* Jill has a great portrait. The most obvious things that helps you to recognize her as Jill is the stylish blue beret (berets were very big in the mid 90s) and it fortunately looks pretty cool.
* The S.T.A.R.S. logo on Jill's beret looks awesome. The printing is very neat and clean!
* Jill's body has a great sculpt. She's wearing her classic costume from the original Resident Evil (and the remake on GameCube) and she's packing her S.T.A.R.S. issued Beretta 9mm. She's also got a visible watch, a pistol belt with some containers for extra magazines, and a tactical holster.
* Since she's a bit smaller and somewhat likely to tip over, Jill includes a translucent plastic stand. It's always nice when these figures have a solid way to stay standing, so I appreciate these. I kind of wish every figure came with something similar, or even a display base like the Star Wars POP! vinyls.
* For being at simply sculpted as they are, I'm noticing that some of the POP! vinyls have some sloppy paintwork on the faces. Jill's hair and her beret have a bit of paint bleed on them.
If you're a fan of Jill Valentine, you might be interested in checking out a review of the older Toy Biz Jill Valentine & Web Spinner I wrote a few years back. If you're looking for more Resident Evil POP! vinyls, check out the following:
Hunter from Resident Evil