- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
POP! Review! Hunter from POP! Games by Funko
As soon as I discovered that Funko was making Resident Evil POP! vinyls, I knew immediately that I'd be buying them all. I love Resident Evil. I have 7 preordered and paid for already. I'm planning to go see the Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Heck, I've read the novels by S.D. Perry, won a costume contest dressed as Chris Redfield, and own the Alice Hot Toy (the only Hot Toy I own, in fact). I've been a fan of the game series and the Resident Evil universe since the summer of 1998 and I've been collecting Resident Evil toys just as long. No one has ever really released a collection that began to feel complete. Toy Biz stopped before Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Palisades never got beyond a third series, and thus never got around to making a Jill Valentine. Moby Dick Toys never managed to make Leon. NECA has messed around with the license on a few occasions, but they've only released a handful of figures from different games, and never have made a Claire Redfield. Someone needs to do a comprehensive Resident Evil series featuring all of the main cast and, right now, my hope is with Funko. Can they do it? Let's hope so! The first release I picked up is the GameStop exclusive Hunter. I located and reserved him through my local store on GameStop's website and picked him up in store. Let's check out this B.O.W. after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Non-Scalper Price: $19 dollars
* "Hello! I am the Hunter and I'm going to kill you!"
This guy does look pretty menacing for a POP! vinyl, doesn't he? The soulless yellow eyes and odd ridges on his forehead, mixed with the sharp teeth, just make this guy seem rather fearsome. He's really a pretty cool little POP! with some great sculpting and paintwork.
* I like the mixture of paint colors, too. Some POP! vinyls can have pretty plain paint, but she shading really adds a nice bit of extra coolness to the Hunter.
* I love how the Hunter's teeth are somewhat removed from it's mouth, giving the creature an even more three dimensional appearance. This is a really well done effect and adds to the creepy appearance.
* I'm going to probably sound nitpicky here, but please here me out: The Hunter is too darn big! The Hunter is sold as one of the 6 inch POP! vinyls, but these guys are totally not really too large in the game. In fact, in both the original the the remake version of Resident Evil, these guys were actually shorter than the humans. I always thought that kind of make them creepier as they were small, brawny, and incredibly lethal (kind of like Wolverine). The Nemesis should have been a 6 inch figure and the Hunter should have been regular sized.
I have actually reviewed a few toys of the Hunter on here. I've reviewed NECA's Hunter from their Resident Evil: 10th Anniversary Collection and the Hunter & Chimera 2-pack from Toy Biz's Video Game Superstars line. I haven't reviewed any other Resident Evil POP! vinyls, but they're coming!