I've been looking for Crosshair since the release of the series he came in back in late spring/ early summer and I finally ended up paying a couple dollars more to get him. Now that I'm reviewing the fourth Bad Batch figure of this year I have to say that all four of these guys are probably in the top 10 Black Series releases of 2021 and are one of the strongest teams/ subsets in the line. While Crosshair was part of Clone Force 99 in season 7 of The Clone Wars, he ended up remaining loyal to the Empire in The Bad Batch and betraying his team. He just looks like an evil guy, right? Crosshair, AKA CT-9904, is an incredible figure and I'm excited to finally have him in hand. Let's check out the supreme marksman of Clone Force 99 after the break...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, swivel/ hinge knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed torso, swivel/hinge shoulders w/ lateral butterfly hinges, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, ball jointed neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: 2 piece rifle, DC-17 hand blaster, helmet, and backpack.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Crosshair is wearing the fairly standard Katarn-class commando armor with that awesomely chilling gray, black, and red color scheme. His armor has an elaborate flourish on his left shoulder and he's sporting a bandolier over his right shoulder that attaches to his belt. The armor is nicely with clean paint applications and lots of little nicks and dents to show off the battles this guy has been through.
* His helmet is modified with a rangefinder and a semicircle cut out around his eye to allow for better usage of a scope. The paintwork is excellent here and the overall design is impressive.
* That rangefinder can flip down, too. That's always a fun feature and I never get tired of it on Clones and Mandalorians.
* Here's a closer look at all of the gear on Crosshair's armor. The bandolier/ shoulder strap looks awesome as do the graphics on his pauldrons that show off the Clone Force 99 logos. What's the deal with the cool protuberance on his pauldron? I love it but I'm not sure what it is?
* As we used to say in the late 90s and early 2000s, I think Crosshair is both spiffy keen and the bomb diggity. Seriously, he's an awesome figure with great articulation who looks good in a multitude of poses. His rifle is pretty large and he still looks great in firing positions with it. This is a durable, high quality figure and one of my favorites of the year.
* Since he's a marksman it's only fitting that Crosshair comes packed with a sniper rifle. The 773 Firepuncher rifle, no less. This is a really cool, sleek blaster rifle that looks great in Crosshair's hands.
* It also breaks down for easy storage. The barrel pops out leaving you with a shorter blaster. Could this be used as a blaster rifle for close quarters combat? Sure, why not!
* Crosshair also comes with a backpack that fits securely on his back. It's a little different than Hunter's backpack as it has some slots in it for storage.
* The Firepuncher rifle components can fit onto the backpack for carrying it on the go. The barrel plugs into the side of the pack while the main body fits into the slot in the middle of the backpack. This is a cool feature and it definitely makes Crosshair a very exciting figure. It's always cool when figures can store all of their gear on them.
* Crosshair also comes equipped with the DC-17 hand blaster. It's a cool little blaster pistol that should further aid him when he has to get close to his enemies.
* There's a functional holster on his left hip as well and the DC-17 fits in there perfectly. Crosshair can carry both of his blasters and still have his hands free! He's living the dream, baby.
* My only complaint is that the ankle hinges are really tight. It takes a lot of work to get them in the proper position to keep Crosshair standing properly.
I hope you enjoyed this mini review marathon of Star wars: The Black Series figures! I'm sure there will be more Black Series reviews to come in the coming months!
This is the first figure of Crosshair I've reviewed. For more reviews from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase IV check out the following:
Princess Leia Organa (Endor)