Today I'm taking a look at Sorceress, the third single carded figure in the Netflix He-Man and the Masters of the Universe themed series of Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis. I reviewed the standard figure earlier this month, so check that one out for a full rundown of the character. Long story short, this Sorceress is actually Teela in her powered up form; not the Sorceress, Teela-Na. There is a different, more traditional Sorceress character in the show named Eldress, whose relationship with Teela (if any) hasn't been revealed yet. Well, not as of the third episode of season 2. Hey, I'm a slow TV watcher! Let's check out this cool minifigure of Teela as Sorceress after the break...
Height: 2 inches
Articulation: Swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Non-Scalper Price: $5-$6 dollars
* I love the design of this outfit. It's really different from anything we've seen in Masters of the Universe and reminds me of something that would have looked pretty cool in the New Adventures of He-Man. It reminds me of something very retro sci-fi or of a character from something like Gatchaman. Sorceress is a neat, clean mini with some good paintwork and a great color selection.
* Most of Teela's head is covered in her Sorceress form by a beak-like helmet. The blue color here is excellent and the gold trim is neatly applied.
* Turn Sorceress around and you can check out her super cool wing and her long ponytail. There's not really any paintwork here but the design is good and it doesn'tfeel like anything is missing.
* Sorceress moves like the rest of the female figures in the line: Swivel waist and shoulders with a swivel head. The swivel head is restricted quite a bit because of her long ponytail, but there is a little movement. Everything else works fine.
* Mattel has done a pretty nice job with this staff. It's more sci-fi than fantasy, I think, or maybe a 50/50 blend. It gives this Sorceress her own unique feel and looks great in either hand.
* Because of her wings and long ponytail, Sorceress tends to tip over backwards. You'll really have to work to get her standing, probably using a stand or having her lean forward on her staff.
Are you a huge fan of Teela? Check out my archive of Teela reviews, Teela: Warrior Goddess, for a bunch of Teela goodies from across MOTU's 40 year history!
For more Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis check out the following:
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Masters of the Universe: Revelation
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?