- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Friday, September 28, 2018
Action Figure Review: X-23 from Marvel Legends Series: Deadpool by Hasbro
Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Torso for Sasquatch Build-a-figure
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Clad in her black and grey X-Force outfit, X-23 is a pretty fearsome looking figure. Most of the detail on her costume (other than the belt and the boots) is simply painted on, but overall the paintwork is pretty sharp. I like the look, the color scheme, and the figure's smaller stature. She's a bit shorter than most other Marvel Legends figures but, then again, so is Wolverine.
* The headsculpt is quite good. Laura Kinney looks pretty pissed, which is exactly the attitude I would expect from the adopted clone daughter of Wolverine. Furthermore, her black mask with the blood red eyes looks great. Very sinister! I'm digging her windswept hair, too. It goes a long way to making the figure feel more action-packed!
* Overall, X-23 is another fun figure to pose and play with. Marvel Legends are some of the most well articulated and most fun figures to simply pose and play with available today anywhere and I'm glad Hasbro keeps rolling them out. With her claws and angry grimace, X-23 is just a fun toy, no doubt about it.
* Like with other previous Wolverine figures, X-23's claws are actually separate pieces that have been inserted into her fists. They aren't removable but they do look pretty slick. Just be careful with them as they seem like they could easily get bent if dropped the wrong way.
*Remember that if you buy X-23 new you're also going to get the torso of Sasquatch.
* X-23 has a few spots in her hair where the hair almost looks like it was melted. This has to be a molding error, right?
* Unfortunately, X-23 does have one articulation flaw: Overly rubbery knees. These drive me crazy and unfortunately they pop up on certain figures. While I don't at all believe the real X-23 has wobbly knees, this one certain does.
This is the first action figure of X-23/ Laura Kinney I've reviewed on the site. For more reviews from the Marvel Legends Series, check out the following:
Marvel Legends Series by Hasbro (2016)
Enchantress (Mystic Rivals)
Nico Minoru (Mystic Rivals)
Marvel Legends Series: Black Panther by Hasbro (2017)
Marvel Legends Series: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Demolition Man (Mercenaries of Mayhem)
Marvel Legends Series: Deadpool by Hasbro (2018)
Marvel Legends Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro (2017)
Marvel Legends Series: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 by Hasbro (2017)
Gamora (Daughters of Thanos)
Nebula (Daughters of Thanos)
Rocket Raccoon & Groot
Marvel Legends Series: X-Men by Hasbro (2016)