- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Action Figure Review: Shadow Link from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 4 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, hinged knees, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, swivel hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Sword, shield, and scabbard.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
Since Shadow Link is the shadow form of the heroic Link of Hyrule from The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, it makes sense that Jakks would reuse the Ocarina of Time Link figure that was released earlier this year. Since this figure is a simple repaint, check out the previous review for all of the details on sculpt, articulation, and such. You can find that review here!
* While Shadow Link is a simple repaint of the OOT Link, he's more than just an all black figure with red eyes. He actually has some gray on him, too. The gray really adds a bit more depth to the figure and just makes him visually more interesting. While most of the figure is black Link's tights are a nice dark gray. Simple but really effective.
* Shadow Link comes with a shield, sword, and scabbard. These are the same three accessories which the Ocarina of Time Link included but they've been given a really nice black, silver, and gray paint job. The paint looks really nice and further helps to add some value to this figure. I love this shield! It just looks so stunning!
*This shield is really, really frustrating to get on! I can't find any way to get Shadow Link's shield into his right hand and over his wrist except with brute force. Even then it's not a perfect fit. This is just a really oddly designed accessory.
I've reviewed a few other Link figures on Action Figure Barbecue including a Link figure offered as a preorder bonus for Ocarina of Time back in 1998, the World of Nintendo Skyward Sword Link, and the Ocarina of Time variant of Link.
I've reviewed a number of other World of Nintendo figures, too, including:
World of Ninendo (4 inch) by Jakks Pacific (2014)
Gravity Suit Samus
World of Nintendo (2.5 inch) by Jakks Pacific
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Brute force is right! You can get his hand on the shield handle, but it takes a LOT of work.ReplyDelete
I was afraid that his hand was going to break or something. I know it wouldn't have been accurate but I would have preferred the Skyward Sword body.Delete
OH THANK GOD, I thought it was just me! I just ended up popping the claw-ish part around his wrist and left the handle up against his knuckles. At least that way I wasn't worried I was going to break a $20 item.Delete
I know they did a similar design for the Skyward Sword Figma Link's shield, but at least there the handle could be popped off, so at least you didn't have to bother with it if you didn't want to.
Nope, not just you. Very frustrating!Delete