- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Action Figure Review: Shadow Link from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 4 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, hinged knees, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, swivel hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Sword, shield, and scabbard.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
Since Shadow Link is the shadow form of the heroic Link of Hyrule from The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, it makes sense that Jakks would reuse the Ocarina of Time Link figure that was released earlier this year. Since this figure is a simple repaint, check out the previous review for all of the details on sculpt, articulation, and such. You can find that review here!
* While Shadow Link is a simple repaint of the OOT Link, he's more than just an all black figure with red eyes. He actually has some gray on him, too. The gray really adds a bit more depth to the figure and just makes him visually more interesting. While most of the figure is black Link's tights are a nice dark gray. Simple but really effective.
* Shadow Link comes with a shield, sword, and scabbard. These are the same three accessories which the Ocarina of Time Link included but they've been given a really nice black, silver, and gray paint job. The paint looks really nice and further helps to add some value to this figure. I love this shield! It just looks so stunning!
*This shield is really, really frustrating to get on! I can't find any way to get Shadow Link's shield into his right hand and over his wrist except with brute force. Even then it's not a perfect fit. This is just a really oddly designed accessory.
I've reviewed a few other Link figures on Action Figure Barbecue including a Link figure offered as a preorder bonus for Ocarina of Time back in 1998, the World of Nintendo Skyward Sword Link, and the Ocarina of Time variant of Link.
I've reviewed a number of other World of Nintendo figures, too, including:
World of Ninendo (4 inch) by Jakks Pacific (2014)
Gravity Suit Samus
World of Nintendo (2.5 inch) by Jakks Pacific